Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed

Go down 
+10
spuccini
Colleen
Kelly
beecee
After8
toyk
Lisa L.
Carla
Helen
lirose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 8:43 pm

Unfortunately,a Portuguese athlete was the first fatality at an Olympic event this year.Lazaro died of a heart attack while participating in a Marathon.The day was very hot and he covered himself with wax to prevent sunburn. The wax prevented him from perspiring which led to heat stroke, and electrolyte imbalance which then led to the heart attack. He had run 29 km of the race to this point. This was revealed in the autopsy.
Back to top Go down
beecee
Big Sister
beecee

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 9:37 pm

•Ralph Craig of the USA was 23 when he won gold medals in the 100m and 200m sprints in 1912.
Back to top Go down
http://beeceecreativity.blotspot.com/
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 12:05 am

Wow Pat, that's scary!! I would risk sunburn over covering myself in wax. That would feel too weird!

The star of the 1912 Games was the American Indian Jim Thorpe, who won both the decathlon and pentathlon. However, in the following year it was discovered that he once played semi-professional baseball, and he was subsequently stripped of his gold medals (but reinstated in 1983).
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 9:01 am

# 12. Rome

Our final city .....
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 5:09 pm

Rome is 889.34 miles from London

55581057755185728918935071197155954455954 or

were the closest I found. Rome hosted the Olympics in 1960.
Back to top Go down
beecee
Big Sister
beecee

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 7:23 pm

Approximately 5,000 athletes participated, representing 83 countries
in Rome in 1960

The 1960 Olympic Games were the first Olympics to be fully covered by television
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 7:45 pm

Soviet gymnasts won 15 of 16 possible medals in women's gymnastics
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 8:16 pm

You have until tomorrow at 1:00 EST to post trivia!!!!
Back to top Go down
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 11:28 pm

This trivia stuff is fun! Learn all sorts of crazy things I didn't know and probably few do or did! Ethiopian marathoner Abebe Bikila won the marathon running barefoot. He became the first black to win a gold medal. He defended his title 4 years later in Tokyo this time running in shoes.
Back to top Go down
toyk
Big Sister
toyk

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 6:28 pm

The 1960 Olympic Games were the first Olympics to be fully covered by television.

Sorry this one was already entered...

Last edited by toyk on August 8th 2012, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toyk
Big Sister
toyk

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 6:32 pm

By the time Wilma Rudolph reached the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome, she had overcome seemingly insurmountable odds. As a child, she had suffered from polio that crippled her left leg and forced her to limp around in heavy leg braces for many years. After years of weekly treatments in a clinic in Nashville, the teenage Rudolph made up for the lost time and blossomed as a basketball player and runner.
In Rome, Wilma Rudolph won three gold medals and became one of the most influential figures in sport. When she returned home, Rudolph was invited to meet with President Kennedy, and she refused to attend a banquet in her hometown unless it was integrated. In her honor, it was.

Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 10:14 pm

I declare the Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia. Closed!!!

Thank-you all for participating. Winners will be announced tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2012, 6:02 am

This was fun. Thanks for the game Linda.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2012, 10:59 pm

A big thank you! I learned a lot!
Back to top Go down
KerriNZ
Always a Sister
KerriNZ

Number of posts : 2182

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 11:49 am

Doubt i survived any of this trivia...totally lost me in round 1 lol
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 9:45 pm

And the Winners are .....

Date and Distance - Stephanie

Trivia - Victoria

If you ladies could pm, me your addresses. I will get some RAK off.

Thanks everyone for playing.

Last edited by lirose on August 11th 2012, 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beecee
Big Sister
beecee

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 9:48 pm

congrats ladies.. it was fun reading some of the trivia..
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 10:18 pm

Congrats ladies.
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 11:21 pm

Thanks Linda!

Congrats Victoria!!
Back to top Go down
toyk
Big Sister
toyk

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 7:18 am

Oh THANK YOU!!! i will send you my address...
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 2:59 pm

WOOT! WOOT! Congrats ladies!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2012, 9:02 pm

I think I got my RAK from you the other day Linda. Velvet flowers? They are so pretty! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2012, 5:20 am

Glad it arrived safely, Stephanie. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed   Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dates and Distance Olympic Trivia Quiz - Closed
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4