Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?

Go down 
+12
spuccini
lindainsask
Sonya
JMP
Helen
lynner22
scrappywmk
Site Owner
mia
Evinta
EmuUpAGumTree
maggi43
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
JMP
Our Very 1st SISTER!
JMP

Number of posts : 3918

So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:03 pm

If there is still time..I would like to be counted in Maggie...If not maybe the next one.TY Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.JeanMaries.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:05 pm

Thanks Maggi! I am so looking forward to this challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

Number of posts : 3093

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:05 pm

You're in!
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:15 pm

Ok, you are going to need a fair amount of pps for this as there will be 12 6 x 6 pages and then you'll want to make lots of tags etc to tuck into the PBA openings. This is a time to go wild, lots of flowers, laces, whatever strikes your fancy! I love the looks where they are just crammed full with stuff just hanging off the pages. That's hard for me to do, have to admit, I guess I'm a color inside the lines kind of gal! LOL! I am excited that we will have so many different PBA's to look at!!

I'm thinking mine might be a dog themed PBA, vintage style. Can't make up my mind though, how typical!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:28 pm

OK... I just loved throught the links you gave us, and yours too!, and wow.... am I ever challenged on this one! But it will be a blast... already getting ideas to. Might need more retail therapy for this! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:34 pm

Yeah, those gals do some incredible vintage PBA's!! I just got a new line of BasicGrey, Max and Whiskers, it is adorable for cats and dogs LOs so I am torn as to whether to use that or do somethingelse. I don't think Max and Whiskers lends itself to vintage style and I'm kind of stuck on doing something vintagy!!

Oh yeah, retail therapy is good!!

Hey gals, what are thinking for a theme?
Back to top Go down
Sonya
A Sister, A Friend
Sonya

Number of posts : 593

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 5:40 pm

Maggi I would love to do a vintage "PBA" is it to late?
Back to top Go down
lindainsask
Lifetime Sister
lindainsask

Number of posts : 2942

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 8:33 pm

I would love to join this as well!!

I am a little unclear though (go figure - lol)

1. I have brown paper bags already - do i just make one album? or am I making 10 for a swap and get 10 back?

2. am i supposed to mail to you and then you send them out? so dbl postage?

3. do we all have to do vintage or can somedone do a birthday one, girl, boy, autographs, zoo...?

4. how many paper bags are we supposed to use - stack 4 - one on top of each other?

5. when making these - don't we leave spaces so we can add our own photo's? and the tags could be used for journalling?

Thanks for doing this Maggi - uber excited - love the links you sent us too.... maybe this is something that will clear off the other mess spread all over... fun, fun, fun!!
Back to top Go down
http://awesomememories.blogspot.com
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 9:21 pm

LOL LInda!!

I will send you as a RAK a plain PBA unless you want to make your own!! it will be 3 paperbags sewn together and hole punched which ='s 12 pages front and back. Each page will be about 6x6.

You will make yourself a PBA, any theme you want, any way you want.

The challenge is to simply make a PBA for yourself. Inserts into the paperbag sleeves can be for whatever you want!!

So I will sign you up and you to Sonya!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 11:33 pm

Oh, what the heck, I'll do it! It's not like I'm going to get any busier or anything - LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 2:26 pm

So here's a little poll for today -

1. Have you ever made a PBA?

2. What theme are you thinking about?

3. Are you going to use matched pps?

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces?

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what?

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else?
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 2:29 pm

1. Have you ever made a PBA? Yes, I made only one.

2. What theme are you thinking about? Either dogs or girlfriends, can't make up my mind.

3. Are you going to use matched pps? Mostly yes, at least I think so! LOL! Thinking about using G45 if I do girlfriends. Not sure what I'll use if I do dogs.

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces? Oh probably, I love them so!

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what? Can't think of anything I need but I'll probalby shop anyway!!

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else? I think this one will be for me
Back to top Go down
EmuUpAGumTree
Lifetime Sister
EmuUpAGumTree

Number of posts : 4379

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 2:54 pm

1. Have you ever made a PBA? Never

2. What theme are you thinking about? Vintage/Victorian using Clipart images and scans I have here from my own collection

3. Are you going to use matched pps? I hope so, but I don't have many matching ones, so maybe I need to by a new stack (good enough excuse?)

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces? Definitely

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what? It seems so! New PP and things for a more vintage look and feel (suggestions welcomed!)

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else? Myself!
Back to top Go down
http://emuupagumtree.blogspot.com/
lynner22
Always a Sister
lynner22

Number of posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 4:10 pm

1. Have you ever made a PBA? No never....

2. What theme are you thinking about? I'm thinking vintage (of course)

3. Are you going to use matched pps? That depends, but probably.

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces? Absolutely!

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what? Probably, will need some lace, probably more pp, gosh who knows what else!!!

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else? Hmmmm, probably myself, but not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 4:35 pm

1. Have you ever made a PBA? Nope, never! Looking forward to the challenge!

2. What theme are you thinking about? A vintage one about friends!

3. Are you going to use matched pps? For sure, I just bought a bunch of new G45 pp and am so exicted to use it for this!

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces? Yes, but will have to get more vintage looking ribbons.

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what? Just ribbons.... so far!

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else? I think I am going to make this for a dear friend who is going through a terrible messy separation right now!
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 4:56 pm

What G45 pp did you get? Love that stuff!!
Back to top Go down
lynner22
Always a Sister
lynner22

Number of posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 5:28 pm

Does anyone know where in the world I can get G45 paper??? I can't get it here at all! And OMG, I soooooo want some!! I love their papers!
Back to top Go down
scrappinvoice
Big Sister
scrappinvoice

Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 6:32 pm

I'm in!! This sounds like fun! I haven't made a PBA in three years. I think I have one in my stash!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tanyamsmith.blogspot.com
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 6:34 pm

Are you looking for a specific collection? Try Your Scrapbook Stash http://www.qbaroo.com/wwwyourscrapbookstashcom

Otherwise Scrapbook.com If you don't find what you want there, just do a search on Graphics 45, it is quite popular!

Last edited by maggi43 on April 6th 2010, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 6:35 pm

Oh good Tanya, the more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 8:15 pm

1. Have you ever made a PBA? Nope, I tried putting the album together once and got frustrated and stopped.

2. What theme are you thinking about? Probably pictures of my kids

3. Are you going to use matched pps? Not sure. It will depend on my mood that day :-)

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces? Probably ribbon because my son will be in them so no lace.

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what? I will try to use up some of my stash since I will be printing pics

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else? Now that I think about it, it would be a good gift for my mom. She would love a pba about her grandkids!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 8:49 pm

Maggi, I got some of the Commuique Collection, some of the Romantique Collection,A Paper Gentleman Collection, and a couple Fashionista Collection! LOVE it!
Also got 8 sheets from the Avignon Collection from 7 gypsies! LOVE it too!

Lynn.... I had a heck of a time finding it around here, but finally found a store in Brantford, The Learning Centre" that had some! I would try on line. Check their website and they may have a section that says who sells... I think there is a place in Edmonton that does!! Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 9:27 pm

maggi43 wrote:
So here's a little poll for today -

1. Have you ever made a PBA?

2. What theme are you thinking about?

3. Are you going to use matched pps?

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces?

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what?

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else?

1. No
2. Teddy Bears
3. Try to
4. Of course
5. Yes, to get some paper
6. Someone else, a friend of mine who loves teddy bears. Who is deaf Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 9:42 pm

Helen wrote:
Maggi, I got some of the Commuique Collection, some of the Romantique Collection,A Paper Gentleman Collection, and a couple Fashionista Collection! LOVE it!
Also got 8 sheets from the Avignon Collection from 7 gypsies! LOVE it too!

Lynn.... I had a heck of a time finding it around here, but finally found a store in Brantford, The Learning Centre" that had some! I would try on line. Check their website and they may have a section that says who sells... I think there is a place in Edmonton that does!! Hope this helps.

That's kind of what I have too Helen, I have a paper apd of the Romantique and odds and ends collected of the others. Also have some Domestic Goddess which I think I might like best of all or maybe Fashionista, or maybe...LOL!! Hard to pick a fave!
Back to top Go down
lindainsask
Lifetime Sister
lindainsask

Number of posts : 2942

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 11:20 pm

thanks Maggi on answering me... couldn't understand why you were sending the PBA's... that's cool though now... How can you tell I was alwys in Swaps!! fun, fun, fun...

so we have to have our album done and completed - ready to upload only - on the 20th? my only thing is that i will not be back by then. Probably not back up and running until the 23rd or so.... i would love to say i will get it down before - will try....

1. Have you ever made a PBA? Yes - fun

2. What theme are you thinking about? hmmm not sure yet, whatever theme comes to me while creating - lol

3. Are you going to use matched pps? never know - i at least have one color throughout!

4. Are you going to use ribbons and laces? uh,,, YES

5. Do you plan to shop for supplies for this and if so, what? no, only because there is no shopping around here - would be nice if some of my parcels of goodies i ordered would arrive - but honestly i have tons of stuff that needs to be used!

6. Are you going to make it for yourself or someone else? i am probably going to keep for myself... who knows though - my mind changes like the weather!
Back to top Go down
http://awesomememories.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?   So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So...who is interested in making a PBA for a challenge?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next