Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge

Go down 
+10
spuccini
PatiO
After8
ScrapHappyMarie
kimberly_m
Kelly
Lisa L.
Carla
Helen
lirose
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 4:22 pm

The Oxford English Dictionary, defines a nightshirt as, "a shirt or loose garment worn by boys or men when in bed."

The dictionary of costume by R Turner Wilcox, defines a nightshirt as a tailored garment reaching below the knees with side seams part way open. It was worn by men and boys until the appearance of pajamas around the late 19th century. The centre front is usually buttoned to the waist, and the garment has long sleeves and a standing or turned down collar, with cuffs. The front is maybe decorated with embroidery.

Kelly shared this bit of information with me! In 1931 --- men should be wearing Nightshirts.

Author Lucy Maud Montgomery, touches upon how pyjamas were viewed by the Canadian provincial culture in her 1931 novel, A Tangled Web: "The night before, as he was sitting on his bed, studying if there were any way to wheedle the secret out of Dandy Dark, he had absently put both feet into one pyjama leg. Then when he stood up he fell on the floor in what his terrified wife at first thought was a fit. Very few of the clan sympathized with him as to his resulting shoulder. They thought it served him right for wearing new-fangled duds. If he had had a proper nightshirt on it couldn't have happened."[27]

This is a scrapbook layout challenge.

Using the following cartoon as inspiration ---

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Nighsh10

and keeping with the historical significance of nightshirts. Your layout will include:

1. Pictures of a man or boy.

2. Plaids or strips (whenever I think of Nightshirts I think of plaids or strips)

3. Buttons

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge 01211

Have fun!!!

Remember your LO must be new of March 16 and posted before March 30.

Last edited by lirose on March 13th 2013, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 3:16 am

LOVE your layout Linda!!! The pinwheels and rosettes are awesome!!!

Great challenge too!! I will be working on these tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 3:20 am

Oh my, what a wonderful layout, Linda! Love the stitching!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 4:14 am

such a great idea - and I just received some buttons in the mail - yeah!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 1:59 pm

Love this challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 4:47 pm

Great layout Linda!!!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 6:23 pm

I love this challenge. I adore stripes so this one should be easiest for me.
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 7:04 pm

Here is mine - I was inspired by the green and blue in the inspiration piece and the circle of the sun.

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge IMG_3152
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 7:06 pm

Wow look at you go....your rocking the challenges. Great LO
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 7:33 pm

Very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 7:46 pm

Thanks, ladies! I forgot to put my inspuration was the sun!!!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 7:47 pm

Awesome Job, Lisa. Love the plaid mat!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 8:00 pm

WTG, Lisa! Love the little banner and that journaling tag rocks!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 8:39 pm

WTG Lisa!! You are definitly rockin' these today! Just what you must have needed!!!

LOVE how you did the banner too! So cute!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 8:43 pm

WTG Lisa. I love that you encouraged your boys to be best buddies. That's what I wanted mine to be too... I always encouraged their friendship and am happy to say that it was a toss up when son #2 and wife were pregnent, whether they would phone his brother first or us!! Laughing That's how close they are. I love it.

Oh! When mine were that size, the older one wanted always to play hide and seek with the little one. He'd put my baby somewhere (safely tied in his little plastic chair) and go and "count" and then find his brother! He was always so happy doing that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 9:07 pm

Kelly that is so cute. Matt was kind of afraid of Sam. He didn't quite no what to do with him. Plus Sam was in NICU and I was very sick when he was born - so I'm sure Matt thought his little brother was causing a lot of disruption to his routine. And they were 7 years apart because of infertility. It was kind of funny how Matt would hide from him.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 9:16 pm

Lisa L. wrote:
Kelly that is so cute. Matt was kind of afraid of Sam. He didn't quite no what to do with him. Plus Sam was in NICU and I was very sick when he was born - so I'm sure Matt thought his little brother was causing a lot of disruption to his routine. And they were 7 years apart because of infertility. It was kind of funny how Matt would hide from him.

Laughing kids crack me up!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 10:34 pm

I'm trying to figure this one out now.
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 10:41 pm

This layout is taking a realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long time.......but I'm getting there....I think.....
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 10:53 pm

LOL Kimberly! I started a layout this am at 8am, and I haven't glued a thing down yet! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 11:07 pm

Laughing I've been doing Helen's negligee challenge and it's taking more time than it should! What's up with that today?? Wink
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 11:29 pm

Helen wrote:
LOL Kimberly! I started a layout this am at 8am, and I haven't glued a thing down yet! LOL!!
It was a time consuming one, but it looks awesome! I had a problem with the photo, which slowed things down for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 11:31 pm

Ooo I can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 11:35 pm

Okay, here it is! This is the first layout I've done of my nephew...he just turned 4. Embarassed
I took the rays of the sun from the cartoon, there are buttons, and it's a photo of a boy! Oh, and there's some plaid PP in there!!

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Carter

Last edited by kimberly_m on March 17th 2013, 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 11:57 pm

Oh my goodness, Kimberly -- I love it! Gorgeous page! Love the colors, love the rays and love the stitching!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge   Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge #3 - Linda's Nightshirt Challenge
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next