Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Sister Sunday - April 21st

Go down 
+7
Tams
spuccini
Kelly
pammypapers
lirose
kelpy45
Carla
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

Sister Sunday - April 21st Empty
PostSubject: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 5:38 am

Meet JESSICA Smile

Sister Sunday - April 21st Img_2110

Tell us about your family: My Dh and I have been married for 18 1/2 years. I'm a SAHM and my DH is a land use agrologist for the provincial government.
We have 8 children. Our oldest, Morgan is 16 1/2. He likes being center stage and is a dependable hard worker. Logan is 14 1/2. He loves being in the army cadets,
collecting knives, and reading. Ryan is 11 1/2. He is artistic, loving and can often be found playing with his Halo legos. Caleb is 9. He is a determined, huggy,
active boy who is usually watching a show when he's not on the trampoline or ripboard. Tanner is 7. He is easy-going, a teacher's pet and loves video games.
Chase will be 5 in June. He wakes up grumpy then smiles the rest of the day. He enjoys building forts and likes superheroes. Brianna (our only DD) is 3. She
is a girly girl – loves pink and princesses but will quickly drop her dolls to join her brothers in the sandbox or for a nerf gun war. Thane will be 1 in June. He is
a happy boy who's favorite person is me!

Who/What inspired you to start scrapbooking? My SIL invited me to a CM scrapbooking party. I didn't even know what that was! When I saw the
creative way the consultant used fun titles, colored papers and stickers to make album pages that told stories about the pictures I was hooked! I liked the
tools that made the process more fun and faster to do.

Does anyone in your family also scrap? My Mother scraps heritage photos from her side of our family, my Dad scrapbooks wildlife, fishing and hunting
pictures and my sister dabbled in it for a bit and may get back to it in the near future.

What size do you normally scrap? 12X12, but I also do a lot of 8x8 and 8 1/2 x 11.

How many hours a week do you scrap? On average – 8.

What is one thing you always find yourself reaching for when creating a layout? A border punch.

Describe your scrapping style in just three words. Clean, quick and themed.

Tell us about your favorite layout you have ever completed? I don't have a favorite one... but the ones I like the most are the ones that tell stories,
and the ones that are different in some way (creative arrangement or unusual items added to them).

What do you love the most about scrapping? The organizing part of it – assembling page kits, sorting my stickers into binders and filing my papers,
rolling ribbon onto bobbins, etc.

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking? The messy part – using loose glitter, paint, ink, mist, etc.

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap? Major emotional happenings – like house fires, deaths, accidents... I want to include my thoughts
on these pages and wish to have my words “just right”

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class? Yes – I worked part time at the local LSS and taught many classes there. I also led a 4-H scrapbooking
project and taught 9-17 year old girls for a few years. Three times I was invited to teach a teenage group at summer camp.

What type of camera do you use? A canon rebel xs

What would be your perfect day? Sleeping in, meals prepared by someone else, no chores and the entire day to create at my scrapbook table
surrounded by the chatter of other ladies scrapbooking. In other words... a day crop!

I can't imagine my life without ... Jesus. I became a Christian at 9 years old. Wandered away until I was 22 then decided life wasn't working so well
so started walking with Him daily.

Favorite Snack: Healthy – pineapple and yogurt. Junk – reeces pieces, chips

Favorite Drink: Pop – Pepsi or Sussex gingerale, Coffee – hazelnut 2 and 1, Wine – semi-sweet red, Juice – cranberry or pulp-free orange, our well
water and our cow's milk.

Favorite Paper: pp - themed with smaller patterns or words, cs - I like textured.

Favorite Technique: distressing edges of paper.

Favorite Embellishment: stickers

Favorite Scrap Tool: xyron sticker maker, dymo label maker

Favorite Adhesive: tombo liquid and blue glue sticks, CM tape runner, fabri-tac.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 5:39 am

Have you ever been published? Twice in Canadian scrapbooker. These are the LOs:

From fall 2011
Sister Sunday - April 21st Img_3011

From winter 2011/12
Sister Sunday - April 21st Img_3012
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 6:38 pm

Nice learning more about you, Jessica Smile
Back to top Go down
kelpy45
Big Sister
kelpy45

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 6:52 pm

Love reading your story and seeing your LOs Jessica!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 7:12 pm

Awesome, Jessica!!!
Back to top Go down
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 8:58 pm

Loved reading about you and learning more.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 9:53 pm

Thanks for sharing, Jessica! I am pretty sure I saw that layout in Cdn Scrapper!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 9:54 pm

P.S. you should come and help me organize my space. I am more happy on the messy side... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 12:15 am

Those are great articles in the magazines!

You have such a cute family! Thanks for sharing with us!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 12:16 am

Jessica it was really great to get to know you better! You family picture is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 1:34 am

Jessica - that was great - love your published layouts!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 6:22 am

So much fun getting to know you a little bit better. Love seeing your published LO's!!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 1:19 pm

How cool Jessica to b published.. and loved getting to know you a bit more!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 4:41 pm

Thank you for sharing with us! I now understand why you are a very busy woman!
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - April 21st   Sister Sunday - April 21st Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sister Sunday - April 21st
Page 1 of 1