Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE

Go down 
+7
Helen
Kelly
lirose
kelpy45
Lisa L.
After8
Carla
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Empty
PostSubject: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 3:59 pm

So, I am a slacker -- totally forgot to post this on Sunday! Sorry, ladies Smile

Meet MARIE!

SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE My_fam10

Tell us about your family:
I’ve been married for almost 14 years (June 5 is our anniversary). We have a beautiful daughter Cassaundra (Cassie) who is almost 13(June 15).
As well I have two children from my first marriage. My oldest daughter Jessica (Jessie) just turned 26 and my one and only boy Stephen (Boo) is 23.
Although they sometimes drive me to drink they are my pride and joys and I couldn’t imagine life without them.

Who/What inspired you to start scrapbooking?
Tams is the one who introduced me to scrapbooking. I had never even heard of it before and she was in charge of a craft at our mom’s group one
day. All I knew was that I had to bring pictures. LOL I forgot all about it until just before walking out the door to go to group and had to run back in
to get pictures. My DH pulled out a Sobeys bag from under our bed, blew the dust off and passed them to me. They had been sitting in that bag
for 7 years collecting dust. That day I scrapbooked the first page in my wedding album and I was instantly hooked! It was like a drug to me and
I just needed to do it as much as possible.

Does anyone in your family also scrap?
My DD#1 Jessica has done it a few times but not that often. My DD#2 has scrapbooked a few pages as well. She always says “I want to scrapbook
with you today” but then disappears only to complain later that I never let her scrapbook. LOL As well my wonderful step-mother-in-law is a
scrapbooker and Creative Memories consultant in San Diego as well is my husband’s Aunt who is also in San Diego.

What size do you normally scrap?
I’m a 12x12 kind of girl. I just love having all that space to create on.

How many hours a week do you scrap?
It just depends. My life is often very busy with doctor’s appointments, and I do a lot of volunteering with the VON as well as Boaz ministries.
However having said that I take advantage of any time that I can sneak in my scraproom and get on this forum to try out the challenges.
I love having challenges to force me out of my comfort zone and I also just love having prompts to inspire me. I even have the forum as
my home page.

What is one thing you always find yourself reaching for when creating a layout?
Hands down….my Tim Holtz distress inks, I just can’t live without them!

Describe your scrapping style in just three words.
Bright, clean, and layered.

Tell us about your favorite layout you have ever completed? I don’t really have a favorite. I like most of what I create but love to see my
style evolve. I started with tons of pictures and stickered to death but now I hardly ever use stickers.

What do you love the most about scrapping?
That I get to leave something behind for my kids that tells a story about their lives.

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking?
Not knowing how to use new things. I struggle sometimes understanding just how to use things or to do some things (like the twine flowers)

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap?
Family members who have passed away. I struggled with a LO about my mom and have been only able to do the one. I still haven’t
scrapbooked my father-in-law since his passing (two years next month).

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class?
Uh….NO!

Have you ever been published?
Sort of……A few years ago a bunch of us got together and set up a photo of us “moms” all being “Mamarazzi’s” over our children and
Sandi Dunn challenged us all to scrapbook the pictures and to submit our LO’s to Canadian Scrapbooker so I did. We all ended up being
the “Centerfold girls” and you could see part of my LO in the book as well the LO itself ended up being on their website.

What type of camera do you use?
I have two that I use regularly. My big one is my Canon Rebel T3i which I use for photo shoots and my everyday camera that is always
in my purse is a Lumix camera that Cassie received from the Children’s Wish Foundation before going on her trip.

What would be your perfect day?
A family day of games and dinner!

I can't imagine my life without ..
My family and my scrappy space and supplies.

......and some of Marie's FAVES!

Favorite Snack:
Depends on my moods, plain chips for the salt. Oh and Honey Mustard Pringles(sadly I can only get them in the states!)

Favorite Drink:
I know this will sound funny but…..water! I know people say there is no taste but I think it has an awesome taste. I drink in all day and
night. It’s rare for me to drink pop or juice. You will always see me with a Contigo cup filled with ice and water in my hands at all times.

Favorite Paper:
My first love was My Minds Eye, now I’m loving Echo Park, BoBunny, Fancy Pants, Bella BLVD, Basic Grey oh let’s face it…..I love pretty much
all of it. I adore the bright colors!

Favorite Technique:
I love matting and inking!!!!

Favorite Embellishment:
Bling and butterflies

Favorite Scrap Tool:
My Tim Holtz inking tool (you will see ink on almost all of my projects) and my Cuttlebug (now that I know how to use it)!

Favorite Adhesive:
Ad tech permanent bond glue runner. They are at Walmart and reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 4:19 pm

I enjoyed reading this, Marie! You answered the questions beautifully and with lots of detail. I could almost hear you speaking!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 4:26 pm

This was great!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 4:44 pm

Water is my favorite drink, too, so I totally understand Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
kelpy45
Big Sister
kelpy45

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 6:20 pm

Love reading all about you Marie!!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 7:33 pm

TFS about yourself, Marie!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 12:36 am

Thanks for letting us have a little peek into your life, Marie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 1:37 am

Awesome to get toknow you better Marie... loved the "stickered to death"..... LOL!! Good one!! And oh so true!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 3:39 am

Loved reading this Marie. TFS with us.
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 4:27 am

Glad to know more about you Marie! I love water too it is delicious and really the only drink in the world that is good cold or warm!
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 4:42 pm

Nice to get to know you better Marie! You've got a great looking family!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 7:07 pm

Thanks you everyone for the wonderful comments. Its was a honor to be asked to do this. I've been loving getting to know you all as well. This is my favorite place to be for me time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE   SISTER Sunday - April 14th  MARIE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SISTER Sunday - April 14th MARIE
Page 1 of 1