Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Note from the DT: New forum

Go down 
+9
Evinta
Helen
lirose
spuccini
After8
scrappinmama
Lisa L.
ScrapHappyMarie
Kelly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

Note from the DT: New forum Empty
PostSubject: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:24 pm

I know that Bryar has already started to set up a forum for sisters, but we also wanted to let you gals know that Linda, Stephanie and I have been chatting behind the scenes since Carla gave us a heads up about the closing of SoS last week in the private DT forum. I'm not sure of all the details yet, but we didn't want you guys to think that we were leaving you adrift! Stephanie, like Bryar (who was faster on the keyboard yesterday!), has been hard at work on a new forum for all of us.

I'm not sure how it will work now that Bryar has hers too, but we did want you to know that the three of us (Linda, Stephanie and myself) are interested in carrying on in the new place that Stephanie has set up. She has a pm into Bryar now discussing what's to be done so we ask patience as we work this all out. The difference in time zones makes it kind of kerfluffly!

You won't be left without your sisters - unless you choose to - wherever on the web that ends up being. Smile One thing we don't want to see is a split of any sort or hard feelings anywhere.

We're glad so many of you want to keep in touch. It truly warms our hearts. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:36 pm

Kelly I love you!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:38 pm

I'm happy as long as we all get to stay together. I have said it many times but I love this place. Scrappy life is unthinkable without the sisterhood. I don't want to make Carla and Helen feel bad because they have blessed my life in so many ways. I will be happy where ever we end up as long as we end up together. So I guess I'm saying.....I'M IN!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:40 pm

BY THE WAY....LINDA, STEPHANIE AND KELLY, YOU LADIES ALL ROCK!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 6:54 pm

Yeah! I'm so happy and excited. This is awesome!
Back to top Go down
scrappinmama
Big Sister
scrappinmama

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 7:43 pm

I think I missed something. Shocked Off to go read. I just found you ladies. I know I haven't participated yet but I promise I will. Life is just going way too fast right now and I am dealing with a few things here at home that have had me stressed out.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 8:42 pm

Wow! I guess we all just REALLY want to stick together!! So glad we have lots of options!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 8:53 pm

I haven't heard back from Bryar and it's early morning where she is at so I'm guessing she hasn't been able to respond to my pm yet. We were honestly setting things up at the same time yesterday.

Kelly & Linda will be joining me as DT and we are planning on carrying over the June challenges in both places. I've got some ideas swirling for July too Smile I've also got a spot for Junior Scrappers and I'm planning on posting one or two challenges a month for little kiddos.

My intent was to not cause any hurt feelings so please do not think that. That is the last thing I want! If you'd like to check it out the address is: http://scrappaperscissors.boards.net
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 8:57 pm

It's looking great Stephanie!!!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 9:03 pm

Oh, these things just happen, Stephanie! As I said... we - you, me, Bryar and the others, all want to stay together! LOL! I'm off to see what you gals have in the works. Love the name! I'm excited Bryar started a new site but was wondering about the distance and time changes. For me, it would be nicer to have a site more local. You and Bryar are just both sweeties to try to keep the rest of us happy! I hope you both can have a good laugh about this!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 9:11 pm

It does look awesome Stephanie... If you need any help or advice.. I am here for you!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 9:24 pm

I think you've done an excellent job, Stephanie! Love it and am looking forward to our little community over there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 10:18 pm

I would absolutely love a store associated with the blog - you gals ever consider that?
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:07 pm

Yes I have, but don't know of any who are looking to be associated with us. I had thought about asking my LSS but she has a lot of customers already. Not sure how she'd be interested. I know that there are several store affiliated forums out there if you're interested in one though.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:08 pm

there are "challenge" forums and "selling" forums. The ones affiliated with stores are in the business of selling product. much higher stress on a dt member. Challenge forums like this one are a lot lower key... !!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:10 pm

Kelly wrote:
Yes I have, but don't know of any who are looking to be associated with us. I had thought about asking my LSS but she has a lot of customers already. Not sure how she'd be interested. I know that there are several store affiliated forums out there if you're interested in one though.

Oh no I love this forum. I was just wondering. There are so few Cdn stores that are good anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:10 pm

Kelly wrote:
there are "challenge" forums and "selling" forums. The ones affiliated with stores are in the business of selling product. much higher stress on a dt member. Challenge forums like this one are a lot lower key... !!!

low key is good!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:15 pm

I only know of one other blog that is not affiliated with a forum, they tend to go hand in hand because it is one of their ways of getting their new products ideas out.

The other forum that I was involved with connected to a store and she provided the DT with a kit but what she found was by the time we got the new product, did our reveal, some of teh new product has already been picked up. The other down-side when she closed her store, we lost our forum.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:18 pm

Yes, that happened to one of the stores here that I was on... when she closed her store, the forum closed too...
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:22 pm

I think we can both co-exist Smile there are not much friendly scrap forums out there Wink

We can like support each other and have months where there are contests that involve both forums? this could be interesting..
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 11:43 pm

Neat idea Bryar! Thanks for being supportive!

Lisa, I have a LSS but I don't know if she'd be interested in joining a forum. She doesn't sell online & she's not very techy. Also every time I talk to her, sales are bad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 12:13 am

And i am VERY fast at the keyboard Wink

I'll join your guys one as well, we can link at the bottom of our forums to support each other and yeah, i can see it being fun Smile

Back to top Go down
tealover
Little Sister
tealover

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 12:48 am

LOVE IT! I am signing up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovepapercrafting.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 1:22 am

lirose wrote:
I only know of one other blog that is not affiliated with a forum, they tend to go hand in hand because it is one of their ways of getting their new products ideas out.

The other forum that I was involved with connected to a store and she provided the DT with a kit but what she found was by the time we got the new product, did our reveal, some of teh new product has already been picked up. The other down-side when she closed her store, we lost our forum.

That's what happened with Lovebug. We'd get a kit to work with and "show off" the products she carried.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 1:23 am

Sounds great - two is better than one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Note from the DT: New forum   Note from the DT: New forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Note from the DT: New forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next