Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY

Go down 
+9
toyk
spuccini
Tams
Helen
Carla
Kelly
Lisa L.
After8
lirose
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Empty
PostSubject: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:13 pm

How many remember the song...

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

June 4 th is Doo-Dah Day is a salute to "Silliness".

To celebrate today --- share a "SILLY" Memory or start a new silly tradition in your family.

If your in a "Silly" mood scrap a Silly Moment.

At MIL's 80th birthday party, she insisted that she have a picture of her first Grandson and first grandson together. Apparently 16 years ago our DS had a mug made for her as a Christmas gift with him holding her first great grandson (our nephew). We did not realize but this mug is one of her greatest treasures, and has been to a Seniors Show and Tell.

As we were getting the first males togeter for a pic, Drew reached down and scooped Zack uo in his arms, just has he had done when Zack was a baby, at 2 and at 4...

June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY 00412

Please share your silliness!!!!

(If you would like to see Page 1 of this LO -- check out June 3 - Repeat Day.)

Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:21 pm

That made me smile! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:24 pm

Thanks, Jessica!!! We all had a great chuckle and Zack was not expecting it!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:26 pm

Very sweet!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:27 pm

This DOES make me smile! Love it Linda!! I'm going to get on this today as soon as I finish with my PL... time to get out of my chair and get going!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 5:17 pm

Cute! Great memory, for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 6:47 pm

Thanks, ladies!!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 6:54 pm

Awesome Linda! How fun!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 8:31 pm

great layout Linda, I may scraplift it!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 9:04 pm

Thanks, Helen and Tammy!!! Scraplift away!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 2:29 am

Ha ha Linda! That's funny!

I've got lots of silly memories with 5 kids in my family. I remember once, my sister & I were outside playing in the pasture and when we went to climb over the fence to go inside we got stuck in the mud that the watering tank had made. We stood there and screamed for someone to come & help us. We were too far from the fence to climb out of our boots and get over. We screamed and screamed & then we started laughing. We laughed so hard we peed our pants Laughing My dad finally came outside to help us. Needless to say, he wasn't too happy to find out that we were stuck & had peed our pants!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
toyk
Big Sister
toyk

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 7:12 am

So cute Stephanie!! That reminds me of my daughter wearing rubber boots in the garden after the rain, she got stuck as well BUT she decided to walk out of her boots..she was wearing white tights...I can laugh now but wasn't too happy then!!

Victoria
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 8:43 am

I don't know why we didn't think of walking out of our boots! Duh!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 1:45 pm

LOL!! I can just see you stuck there! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 2:11 pm

Thanks, for sharing your funny stories Stephanie and Victoria! There must be more stories out there!
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 4:53 pm

This happened just about a day ago. My dh was having a nose bleed and my dd was curious so she walked over and asked what was wrong. He said he was having a nose bleed. She wanted to see sh he shifted the Kleenex so dr. Daughter could investigate, horrified she spoke quite loudly....MOM COME QUICK ( I was just at the fridge getting supper prepared) MOM GET OVER HERE NOW!! What's the trouble ?, I ask.........DADDY HAS A MONSTER NOSE!

I really was not much good for consoling after that as I laughed very hard.....
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 4:57 pm

I have not spoken with a parent where their child has not tried a little bit of that all so colourful language......

She is sitting on the potty she tells me she got in trouble with Kayla because she said oh shit at school. I said oh addyson you can't say those things at school! So then we had a talk about not saying bad words at school. She gets in the tub and looks at me very serious but mom I just had shitballs (meaning a poop) ugggghhh....that kid!

Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 4:59 pm

Scrappin Sabian wrote:
This happened just about a day ago. My dh was having a nose bleed and my dd was curious so she walked over and asked what was wrong. He said he was having a nose bleed. She wanted to see sh he shifted the Kleenex so dr. Daughter could investigate, horrified she spoke quite loudly....MOM COME QUICK ( I was just at the fridge getting supper prepared) MOM GET OVER HERE NOW!! What's the trouble ?, I ask.........DADDY HAS A MONSTER NOSE!

I really was not much good for consoling after that as I laughed very hard.....

Haha! So funny!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 5:04 pm

We always get a kick out of Jessica. She is sometimes a "true blonde" if you know what I mean. LOL! Sorry to all the blondes out there! She sometimes gets confused about different facts, etc. The boys were quizzing each other about the capitals of our provinces. Then they asked her what the capital of Toronto was. She was trying to figure out the answer. haha!

Then, we always tease Devin about eagles. I even did a scrapbook page about it. Every bird he sees flying high, he's like "oh look, there's an eagle!". Most times it's not. Smile

The kids also tease me about the "one-a-day" vitamins. Several years ago I was searching for daily vitamins. I was looking at the specs, seeing how many were in the bottle, how many I needed to take each day -- to get the best deal for my money. I was holding a bottle of "one-a-day" and said, it doesn't give the daily dose . The kids laughed at me and said Mommy, it's called one-a-day!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 5:53 pm

Great stories ladies!!!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 11:26 pm

Oh Carla, those are funny!!

I had a blond moment when I turned 16. My parents gave me some "car" stuff and one of the things was a flashlight. I said "I wonder if I put this up to my head if you can see the light on the other side." I did it and DH (then my BF) said he could see it so I go "Okay, now you try." He did it and I was confused that I couldn't see it. Embarassed I was totally serious about thinking I could see light through someone's ears. Duh!!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 1:50 am

Oh Stephanie.... I'm crying!!! June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Rotflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 5:49 am

Love it! Love the story and love the LO! Great inspiration to I must add!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 6:32 am

Thanks, Marie!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 6:48 am

Kelly wrote:
Oh Stephanie.... I'm crying!!! June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Rotflmao

Thanks Kelly! It's nice to know I can get others to laugh at my expense Smile

Does anyone remember the Jessica Simpson and tuna/chicken mix up? Jessica Simpson (singer who is blond) and Nick Lachey (former boy band member) had a show on MTV and one night she's sitting there eating from a can of Starkist tuna (who's slogan is 'Chicken of the Sea'. She goes "So am I eating chicken or tuna? I mean, I know it's tuna but the can says 'Chicken of the Sea.' So is this chicken or tuna?" He's just sitting there staring at her like "are you serious?" It was quite a media firestorm after that episode!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY   June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 4 - DOO-DAH DAY
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next