Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10

Go down 
+5
Gail D
DoubleL
Kelly
Carla
spuccini
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 12:02 am

You have now seen the extent of my doodling! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 3:55 am

KZ wrote:
PatiO wrote:
I like using the dashes and dots on some of my LOs,Gail. But so far the other doodling doesn't intrigue me! I will sometimes also just use dashes around my page.I like your LO-very eye catching!

I'm with you Pat. I'm not so big on the doodles all the squiggles and such. It's just not "me". I'll do it in an art journal or when I'm bored but for some reason it just doesn't look "right" on my pages...

I like Gail's doodling. I think it finishes this page off nicely. Smile Well done, Gail!

I'll probably stick to the lines and outlines for doodling too. I've tried a few other things but it isn't me. I don't think I control my hands precisely enough.
Back to top Go down
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 8:57 am

I think doodling is supposed to be fun but perhaps those of us who aren't into it are analyzing ourselves too much and not enjoying the freedom we should have in doodling eh? Yes, Gail I'm with you . I'll stick to what I can do without thinking too much-lines and dots LOL.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 2:03 pm

I think I need to sit with my art journal, a cup of coffee (and no dogs) and hang out in my chair for an afternoon. Maybe I'd get better at it.

Yes, Pat, I think we analyze ourselves too much. The older we get, the harder it is for us to just "let go" and learn a new skill like this. I know that for myself, my hands shake enough as it is - never mind getting them to shake in a pattern! Laughing

I'm not giving up! I'm just not going to over-think it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 2:55 pm

I definitely over analyze. Kelly, your idea to sit and relax with the art journal is probably a good one. Perfect place to try it out. When I doodle as I talk on the phone, it is almost all triangles. I did that card for one of the first challenges and had to go back to that. As a kid I did the little curves, usually representing hills. Scrapbooking is a challenge to the shriveled up, much unused creative side of my brain. This doodling and art journaling is giving it more of a workout but I'm having fun. I keep saying I'm pretending to be an artist. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 3:16 pm

Laughing Gail! I love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10   MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAKE IT Monday Sept. 10
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2