Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

Number of posts : 8440

My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Empty
PostSubject: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2009, 6:07 pm

I pre-planned 3 pgs this Am. They are all of the kids, I just decided I want to get 3 pages done today. I have a terrible headache and I want to distract myself, plus my littlest guy is home with me today with a fever (bad cold, the fever is now coming down.) So we are staying put, together.

I decided
1. NOT to overthink the 3 page thing
and
2. Have fun scooting thru it as best i could..

I tend to do that- (ummm, the overthinking thing) UGH! Ridiculous, really! LOL Shocked

"The process" (LOL):

I grabbed the pics from a small pile on my desk.
Scanned thru and chose pp from my pp bin and from my new pp stockpile (LOL)
Quickly picked out colours of CS for the first 2,
Ran thru my brain and grabbed a title for one of them, punched out GrungeBoard, asked DD what she thought of the style- she agreed with my choice. DS (13) disagreed, but I went with DD's choice.
Chose a rubber stamp where needed, DS (13) helped me settle FAST on 3: - we agreed on one together. Smile
Then I piled up the stuff fr those 2.

Ready to rock and roll.

I have taken a few detours, including: Sweeping spilled cereal off the floor (was dry), cleaned kitchen, got 3 off to school, playing on the bed with little fella- new games we play-- bouncing/hiding/tickling... and then OF COURSE: starting laundry! Can't forget that for a family of 6 plus fluffy critters- UGH, LOL Wink

Anyway- have decided to go with the first 2 pages and see where I end up! Laughing

I also have a new LO I did late last night that I wanna share ( it done w/ a Deanne Sketch!! LOL & I LOVE it) & I need to photograph that one but I am forcing myself to wait and do the pics of the new 2 LO and the last night LO allllll together.

I will do my third LO later- like maybe this evening, which is when I USUALLY SCRAP! LOL

Keep Ya posted!

Sometimes a sick day is good therapy, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://loveisthereason.ctmh.com
scrappywmk
Lifetime Sister
scrappywmk

Number of posts : 3970

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2009, 8:43 pm

I usually look through my mags and stuff on a "sick day" (which actually means that I am the one sick). I sort of have a sick day today as I went in for an hour and then came home b/c my shoulder/neck are really sore today and it hurts to move my head or right arm. The store Manager is ticked but the other Manager told me to go home if I needed to. I usually tough it out but there is no department that I could work in without pain today Sad

The sucky part is that I can't even do housework if it means lifting moving my right arm...what a wasted sick day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wanitasblogspot.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2009, 10:42 pm

That's great, Ali! That reminds me I need to plan a few pages for this weekend. I'm helping organize another scrap weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2009, 10:42 pm

scrappywmk wrote:
I usually look through my mags and stuff on a "sick day" (which actually means that I am the one sick). I sort of have a sick day today as I went in for an hour and then came home b/c my shoulder/neck are really sore today and it hurts to move my head or right arm. The store Manager is ticked but the other Manager told me to go home if I needed to. I usually tough it out but there is no department that I could work in without pain today Sad

The sucky part is that I can't even do housework if it means lifting moving my right arm...what a wasted sick day!

I hope you're feeling better soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2009, 12:47 am

scrappywmk wrote:

Oh no! ((HUGZ)) Hope you feel better soon. We match: the evil 2-day long headache I had til an hour ago was (r) sided too. UGH. I feel for ya Wanita!

Hope it is gone soon- poor girl!
Back to top Go down
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2009, 12:48 am

hmschoolmum wrote:
That's great, Ali! That reminds me I need to plan a few pages for this weekend. I'm helping organize another scrap weekend.

Oh- sounds GREAT! Have a blast Carla!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Robin G
Little Sister
Robin G

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2009, 3:04 am

Ali & Wanita, hope you girls feel better SOON!! {HUGS!}
Off to scrap...and trying out Ali's new technique...to 'not' overthink!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohscrapblog.blogspot.com
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2009, 8:29 am

I find a photo I want to scrap... or two or three... then browse through my paper and just pull things together like that... mixing manufacturers and then checking out other things I have stashed away.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2009, 1:09 pm

katesmum wrote:
I find a photo I want to scrap... or two or three... then browse through my paper and just pull things together like that... mixing manufacturers and then checking out other things I have stashed away.

Yup, me too. I am just a slow scrapper, LOL lol! Glad someone else uses same method as me and is not so slow! LOL flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:   My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My "new" Technique is: Not overthinking; and preplanning pages:
Page 1 of 1