Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

What new "things" have you tried lately?

Go down 
+10
yscrapbook
Mireille
Ingrid
andrea21
MoScrapper
Ann A
Site Owner
AngelBear
KarenB
lyssabz
14 posters
AuthorMessage
lyssabz
Big Sister
lyssabz

Number of posts : 171

What new "things" have you tried lately? Empty
PostSubject: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2008, 6:53 am

With all the new things you can use or try with scrapbooking, what are some NEW & "state of the art" things you have tried lately?

I've been adding some bling to my LOs with those large jewels to add some texture and glitter Smile I've also tried to become more creative with how I journal on my pages!

What about you?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stufflyssamakes.blogspot.com
KarenB
Big Sister

Number of posts : 387

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2008, 7:04 am

Stitching on my work!! I've done one layout and one card so far!!! I've always wanted to do this but I had a huge, heavy duty sewing machine that was a pain to lug in and out and I have no place to put it permanently so I've just skipped trying it. My Mom retired this year so a couple weeks ago she called and asked me to bring it down to her so she could start sewing again. When I got there she had the Pixie by Singer craft sewing machine to trade me - I so love this thing!!!
Back to top Go down
AngelBear
Always a Sister
AngelBear

Number of posts : 1359

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2008, 7:27 pm

I can't say I have tried anything really new...I love to use bling and texture....
Back to top Go down
http://angelbearscraps.blogspot.com/
Site Owner
ADMIN SISTER

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2008, 7:49 pm

hmmm, not sure if I have really tried anything new lately? trying to challenge myself a whole lot more though and to make myself use products, I purchased Glimmer mist a long long time ago never used it, I opened it up again to do some christmas cards and now I cant stop using it! Love the stuff
Back to top Go down
Ann A
A Sister, A Friend
Ann A

Number of posts : 543

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2008, 11:01 pm

I just started heat embossing. For the longest time I had a phobia whenever I passed the heatguns and powder in the store.
Back to top Go down
http://annarbogast.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2008, 12:08 am

well I am a fashionista scrapper anything new i gotta try atleast once. But I have to say i am doing more stitching since my hubby bought me a pixie for Christmas. And i am obsessed with cutting cut paper and making my own embellishments. Oh and wet embossing is a HOT technique you gotta try if you haven't already they make the best embellishments.
Back to top Go down
MoScrapper
Little Sister
MoScrapper

Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2008, 6:41 am

I just got a sewing machine for Christmas so I can't WAIT to try stitching for real on my layouts! I have hand stitched and faux stitched before.

I am sooooooooo happy stamping is making a comeback I love to stamp on my layouts!

I love embossing both dry and wet!

Love clusters, distressing, handcut embellishments, stickling I will try just about anything!
Back to top Go down
http://kraftymama.blogspot.com/
andrea21
Little Sister
andrea21

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2008, 6:28 pm

This is probably a silly question . . . but what exactly is wet embossing?!
Back to top Go down
Ingrid
A Sister, A Friend
Ingrid

Number of posts : 906

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 12:52 pm

andrea21 wrote:

Ok, I might be way off, but I think it's when you use ink and embossing powder and a heatgun?
Back to top Go down
Site Owner
ADMIN SISTER

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 2:10 pm

Ingrid wrote:
andrea21 wrote:

Ok, I might be way off, but I think it's when you use ink and embossing powder and a heatgun?

I havnt tried them yet but their are new embossing powders that emboss themselves without the use of a heatgun so you can emboss on acetate etc without it melting! Not sure exactly how it works though! I'll try and find out.
Back to top Go down
andrea21
Little Sister
andrea21

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 3:17 pm

Ah ha . . . thanks for the help!! I noticed that more than one person talked about it so it must be something cool!! Thanks, Zoe!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 9:30 pm

i've reaally got into making my own embellishments and using fabric on my lo's
Back to top Go down
Mireille
Big Sister
Mireille

Number of posts : 397

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2009, 8:43 pm

heating transparencies
combining glimmer mist with paperglaze
using gesso and embossing powder
Back to top Go down
http://amberennoah.blogspot.com/
yscrapbook
A Sister, A Friend
yscrapbook

Number of posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2009, 9:34 pm

Using acetate/transparencies. I have made 2 clear cards and trying to incorporate some in my scrapbooking.
Back to top Go down
ttreadaway
Big Sister
ttreadaway

Number of posts : 381

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 9:37 pm

I haven't tried anything new lately, I did get a couple toys for Christmas. Does anyone remember these? Spinart and Spyrographs. Here I am an adult, asking for the same toys that I had as a child.
Back to top Go down
Stacy
Little Sister
Stacy

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2009, 1:32 am

Well, it's not totally new for me, but I've been stitching on everything lately -- either with my machine or by hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stacycohen.blogspot.com
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

Number of posts : 8440

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 3:29 pm

Stacy wrote:
Well, it's not totally new for me, but I've been stitching on everything lately -- either with my machine or by hand.
Love to sew on paper Stacy! LOL.

I have tried Glossy Accents on a few things lately: it's LOVELY stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://loveisthereason.ctmh.com
Robin G
Little Sister
Robin G

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 7:22 pm

Ooohhh love my Glossy Accents too Ali! (see? Yet another thing in common!)
I've been learning how to use my new Purple Cows trimmers (don't mean for this to sound like an advertisement though!) But it is the newest thing I've got. LOVE how it cuts all those different edges! Will have to make something soon, rather than just trimming up my scraps to learn just what I can with this baby. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohscrapblog.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What new "things" have you tried lately?   What new "things" have you tried lately? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What new "things" have you tried lately?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sisterhood Of Scrap :: SCRAPPY CHAT :: Tutorials and Techniques-
Jump to: