Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

June 26 - National Canoe Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

June 26 - National Canoe Day Empty
PostSubject: June 26 - National Canoe Day   June 26 - National Canoe Day Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 3:10 pm

Where will you be for National Canoe Day 2013?

June 26 is National Canoe Day!

Perhaps you are in the know about this national holiday and are wondering when it will become an official statutory holiday. Perhaps you have never heard of this ‘Day’ and are wondering why I am sharing silliness as a national day for canoeing.  Now, I’ve honestly only been in a canoe a handful of times because I am more of a water “watcher” not a water “doer”.

Did you know that there was a Canoe Museum in Peterborough, Ontario?  This is their blog  http://canoemuseum.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/national-canoe-day/

It is not a secret in Canada that the canoe is indeed a national icon. It became known as such and was officially declared so by over 1 million voters, in 2007. In 2007, the CBC launched a nation-wide project to unearth what Canadians thought were the country’s Seven Wonders. After many weeks and millions of votes, the canoe was named one of the Seven Wonders of Canada. In celebration of this, The Canadian Canoe Museum declared June 26th as National Canoe Day with the aim of increasing participation in paddle sports in Canada, engaging new paddlers and reaching across generational and cultural divides to introduce the canoe to those who haven’t had the opportunity to experience this great national heritage.

June 26 - National Canoe Day Kayaki10

I love photos taken from the water, our shore lines are beautiful.  Our DS and family have recently taken up kayaking, they call have kayaks, even the kiddos.  This was a sunset photo that DS recently shared.

Have you ever dipped the oars?  To celebrate National Canoe Day, please share a water story or a water pic and if you have the opportunity take a stroll to be a water “watcher”   Enjoy National Canoe Day.
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: June 26 - National Canoe Day   June 26 - National Canoe Day Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 3:51 pm

I find that being in a canoe is always so peaceful Smile

We had one in NL, and sold it before we moved up to Alberta. The boys, especially, have had many rides on the river in NL. I prefer the quiet ponds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: June 26 - National Canoe Day   June 26 - National Canoe Day Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 7:00 pm

Gorgeous photo Linda! I have never been in a canoe or such... looks very relaxing!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: June 26 - National Canoe Day   June 26 - National Canoe Day Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 7:32 pm

It looks peaceful too. I can't swim so I would be leary to go out on one but I love looking at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 26 - National Canoe Day   June 26 - National Canoe Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 26 - National Canoe Day
Page 1 of 1