Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????

Go down 
+9
Carla
ScrapHappyMarie
KerriNZ
Scrappin Sabian
pammypapers
After8
Tams
kimberly_m
lirose
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Empty
PostSubject: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 2:20 pm

National Scrapbooking Day/Weekend May 3-5

The first Saturday in May is National Scrapbooking Day!

National Scrapbook Day was started in 1994 by the well-known album company Creative Memories. and is celebrated on the first Saturday each May. Since 1994 scrapbookers all over the county celebrate their passion for Scrapbooking on this day!

Here are the top eleven scrapping activities for this fun weekend. Our list is adapted from http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art19817.asp We are keeping it simple, post a pic of either doing the activity or the results of the activity and your name will could go in for a draw. You can enter multiple times.

1. Attend a crop or scrapbooking party!

2. Go shopping! There is no better reason to treat yourself to a few new scrapbooking goodies! If your on a tight budget...give yourself just a little...say $5 for a few sheets of new paper!

3. Learn a new technique! Or Try something different!

4. Have to be at ball games or other events during National Scrapbook Day? It's ok, grab a scrapbook idea book or magazines; take them along and find something that inspires you.

5. Complete an unfinished project or do an older challenge that you just ran out of time to do.

6. Share your passion for preserving family memories with a non-scrapper! There is no better way to spend National Scrapbook day than teaching someone your favorite hobby!

7. Invite some friends over to scrapand scrap the day away!

8. Do one of the SOS Guest Designer’s Challenges.

9. Inspire us by sharing a National Scrapbooking Day Challenge from another site.

10. Organize your stash! Let's face it! Organizing your stash is part of the fun of scrapping!

11. Work on Project Life!

You have until midnight May 6 EST to post pics of your activities on this thread!!!

Most importantly of all enjoy your National Scrapbook Day! Have a SCRAPTABULOUS WEEKEND!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 2:25 pm

Marie, we want to see shopping pictures in Bangor. Smile
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 2:50 pm

I always wondered how it got started.
Happy Scrappy Weekend!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 3:24 pm

WOW thats quite a list, I do have to work all weekend! But thankfully I work at home so just have to juggle all the kids while hiding in my scrappy space lol.
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 5:28 pm

This is a challenge that I found for National Scrapbooking Day.

Greatest Impression Challenge

http://cropstop.blogspot.ca/

Guess the challenge is not being posted until tomorrow but you have the site early plus lots of great card inspiration. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 10:18 pm

For those of you on Facebook.

Canadian Scrapbooker has a chance to wil $100.00 in scrappy supplies. You can enter 3 times. Today is day 3 but you can enter until the May 5.

http://www.canadianscrapbooker.ca/jackie/
Back to top Go down
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 2:10 am

That's a great list. Tomorrow is my first day off this week. I am sooooo looking forward to spending some time in my scraproom. Before I can do that I do have a karate tournament to attend with my DS tomorrow morning so I'll be sure to snap a photo hanging out at the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 3:53 am

After8 wrote:
Here's another:

Recycling challenge:

http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?206141.0#post_206205

Jessica I don't have time for another forum....lol. I loved this site. Another group of super friendly girls! Love it. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 3:57 am

Circus, groceries, maybe new shoes for dd....then home
Back to top Go down
KerriNZ
Always a Sister
KerriNZ

Number of posts : 2182

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 1:21 pm

working....but once i'm home I hope to re arrange my scrap crap cabinet into our used to be , bedroom Smile
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 2:43 pm

Scrappin Sabian wrote:
After8 wrote:
Here's another:

Recycling challenge:

http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?206141.0#post_206205

Jessica I don't have time for another forum....lol. I loved this site. Another group of super friendly girls! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Laughing You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 5:43 pm

I have been shopping up a storm!!!!

What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? P1040410

Heading back out for round two!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 5:45 pm

As well I taught some lady how get things to stick to glitter textured paper. It was really kinda funny....she was so out of her element! LOL
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 5:50 pm

I guess you can say I organize all my new stuff! Everything in that pic is new so I opened all spellbinders and put them into my new case. I organized all my bling, thickers, metal embellishments and stamps! What a job it was!

I found spellbinders for $10.00!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 6:00 pm

I'm drooling, Marie!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 6:02 pm

Wow, Marie!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 6:17 pm

After8 wrote:
I'm drooling, Marie!
Me too!!! You have lots of new goodies to play with!!!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 6:45 pm

WOW, Marie!!! Have on round two!!!!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 7:02 pm

Holy cow Marie! You scored!!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 7:38 pm

I was to Micheal's this morning, the storage stuff was 40% off and then dropped into Winners and Home Sense. They had lots of new embellies 2.99 - 3.99 per package and there was 3 -5 items packaged together plus Thickers - 5 packages for 9.99 I could not resist the ruler, we have a dauchand. It was to cute!!!

What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? 00211

Looking forward to getting some scrapbooking done!
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 9:51 pm

lirose wrote:
I was to Micheal's this morning, the storage stuff was 40% off and then dropped into Winners and Home Sense. They had lots of new embellies 2.99 - 3.99 per package and there was 3 -5 items packaged together plus Thickers - 5 packages for 9.99 I could not resist the ruler, we have a dauchand. It was to cute!!!

What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? 00211

Looking forward to getting some scrapbooking done!

I went to Winners as well today and got the same 6x6 paper as you Linda. I will post my shopping later!
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 10:35 pm

Just got home from the circus! Phew wow what a crowd! Now we are on our way to dads (aka grampie) for visits and supper....lol.

There were bears at the circus trained to do all sorts of tricks, addy says to her dad: wow, dad at grampies camp I NEVER seen a bear do that! I almost peed myself laughing....lol

Last edited by Scrappin Sabian on May 4th 2013, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 10:37 pm

GREAT SCORE TAMS! Very Happy jocolor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????   What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are you Doing On National Scrapbooking Day????
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next