Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA

Go down 
+6
PeridotPrincess
Lisa L.
lirose
Tams
spuccini
Carla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Empty
PostSubject: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 2:59 am

Let's learn more about LINDA!

Tell us about your family:
SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA 08910

I was married on December 18, 1971; we have two children. They were born 11 months minus 4 days apart. Almost like having twins but two pregnancies,
neither of the kids know what it is like not to have a sibling. They are both grown, married and have children of their own.

I love scrapbooking memories of my grandkids. DS had a Daughter -August 2004, DD a Daughter - August 2005, DS a Son – May 2006, DD a Daughter -
May 2007. We had a bit of a pattern going but things stopped.

Our son lives about 45 minutes from us, he works for the local school district in the technical support field and his wife is an oncology nurse. Our daughter
lives in Alberta. She went to the U of A to complete a master’s program but ended up with her Ph. D. She now works for the Alberta Department of Agriculture
in the Food Safety and Regulations area. Her husband works for a welding supply company.
I retired from teaching 5 years ago, my first education concentration was Home Economics- back in the days when we taught skill level programs, I moved
into the Special Education as a Resource Teacher and finally into school administration.

My hubby is semi-retired and we have a very spoiled miniature long haired Dachshund, Missy.

Who/What inspired you to start scrapbooking? I’ve been making scrapbooks or photo albums all my life in one form or another. My first one topic
scrapbook was completed in 1970, it was my graduation album and I used “wipe-out’, white correcting fluid with a narrow brush to do my titles; it has lots
of memorabilia. I was first introduced to “industry scrapbooking” when I was invited by a colleague to a one day crop at her church and I was bitten by the
“SCRAPPY” Bug.
My Dad loved photography and I inherited an awesome collection of pictures. I marvel at the quality of his B&W, they are much better than my early B&W
and far superior to the colours pics of my kids taken in the late 70s and 80s.

Does anyone in your family also scrap?
Yes, my daughter but she does not have much time with the demands of family, work and her DDs dance schedule. She is in Alberta, so I do not have local
family members who scrap.

What size do you normally scrap? I like 12x12 best, but recently completed an 8 ½ x 11 album for my MIL and enjoyed the change.

How many hours a week do you scrap? It depends on the week and what else is going on and how close to deadline things are. Up until the last couple
of months, I probably scrapped 8-12 hours a week but the last couple of month; I just can’t seem to get the Mojo back.

What is one thing you always find yourself reaching for when creating a layout? Photos and then all the other stuff!! But sometimes it is a sketch, then
I looking for photos and all the other stuff!

Describe your scrapping style in just three words. I find this question really hard --- probably relatively --- clean, linear, ________________ you can fill
in the blank! LOL

Tell us about your favourite layout you have ever completed? Sometimes I don’t know if it the LO or the pictures but probably one of the first LOs that
I did on SOS the month long challenge, when you added something every day for a month. The journaling on the LO says it all. It is a baby picture of me
done at a photography studio. My aunt gave me the pic and I had never seen it.
SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA 00214

What do you love the most about scrapping? Preserving the memories and watching others look through my albums. When the grandkids visit, one of
the first things they want to do is to see what LOs that I have done. They love to read the journaling.

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking? The mess that I make.

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap? I sometimes find it difficult to scrap some of the pics of my western granddaughters because I have
experienced the emotions connected with the picture, it makes the journaling harder.

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class? I frequently teach techniques or projects at the Wednesday morning scrapbooking group that I attend.

Have you ever been published? I have thought about it but never submitted.

What type of camera do you use? Canon Power Shot S5si. It is the step between a point and shoot and a DSLR.

What would be your perfect day? A day with our whole family together, a nice sunny day at the beach would be awesome but a cozy day inside during a
blizzard would be great, too! With our Daughter, Husband and Granddaughters in Alberta, those moments with us all together are very rare. Pictures, videos
and Skype are great but I miss the loving touch of a hug.

I can't imagine my life without ... My family.

Favourite Snack: Anything Milk Chocolate and Marshmallow, Peanut Butter with Milk Chocolate runs a close second.

Favourite Drink: In the summer months, I love lemon water, ice tea or a cold Pepsi, in the winter – Hot Chocolate with crushed mint!

Favourite Paper: This is a very hard decision, Bo Bunny, Fancy Pants and Echo Park are among my favorites but lately Simple Stories has been catching
my eye and wallet. I do not tend to buy whole lines but whatever I like that goes with what I am scrapping at the time.

Favourite Technique: Probably border punched edges and inking.

Favourite Embellishment: Embossed die cuts and bling.

Favourite Scrap Tool: my ruler and Fiskars paper trimmer with the wire guide.

Favourite Adhesive: I use my double sided Scotch tape dispenser for almost everything, but most of my LOs will also have foam dots, glue dots,
Glossy Accents and probably some tombow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 3:25 am

So neat to learn more about you Linda! I love that LO too, what a special memory!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 3:48 am

Linda it is great to get to know you better! I really really love the layout you chose as your favorite, it is stunning!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 4:57 am

Thanks, ladies!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 6:18 am

I absolutely LOVE that layout! Stunning!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 6:47 am

I love that picture and all the information I learned about you!
Back to top Go down
PeridotPrincess
Little Sister
PeridotPrincess

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 1:14 pm

What a gorgeous layout!! I don't like the mess I make either Wink TFS
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 1:15 pm

So glad getting to know a bit more about you Linda! And LOVE those layouts!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 2:43 pm

Your LO's are beautiful and I read all about you! TFS all the details!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 3:08 pm

I loved to read all about you, Linda. It's great getting to know you better. I can relate to the "hardest photos" answer you gave. I also love to journal and have the hardest time with photos I can't get an emotional connection to. As much as I love them, it's hard to journal!!

I can relate to so much of what you wrote!! Thanks for sharing it all and for letting us all in. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 3:44 pm

Thanks, ladies for all your nice comments!!!
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 4:08 pm

Hello Linda. Glad to meet you:).

This is as great way to get to know our fellow scrap sisters! TFS
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA   SISTER Sunday - May 26th  LINDA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SISTER Sunday - May 26th LINDA
Page 1 of 1