Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA

Go down 
+6
Helen
Kelly
spuccini
lirose
Lisa L.
Carla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Empty
PostSubject: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 7:36 pm

Tell us about your family: I am married to Devin (22 years this June!). We live in Clairmont, AB -- just moved here a year ago from Newfoundland. We have 4 children. Luke is 20, Timothy 18, Jessica 16 and Benjamin is 15. Luke and Timothy work as Line Locators. Jessica and Benjamin are doing online schooling. All of our kids have been homeschooled right through. Devin works as a RV salesman. He enjoys his job! I run a dayhome and care for 4 little ones.

Who/What inspired you to start scrapbooking? My oldest sister got me started with scrapbooking. Can't even remember what year I started now. LOL!

Does anyone in your family also scrap? Some of my sisters scrapbook, and some cousins, also.

What size do you normally scrap? 12x12

How many hours a week do you scrap? This past year has been really different -- I've hardly scrapped at all. Certainly not to the extent that I used to. Main reason has been that there's not enough room in this house to set up my room.

What is one thing you always find yourself reaching for when creating a layout? Probably my brown ink Smile

Describe your scrapping style in just three words. Hmmmm, probably clean, simple and ??

Tell us about your favorite layout you have ever completed? Not sure I have a favourite... though there are a few that really stand out, mostly because of the photos. I don't have too many pics of my dad with the kids, so this one is special!
SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Sunshi10

What do you love the most about scrapping? I love show-casing the photos!

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking? Cleaning up Smile

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap? I find it difficult scrapping birthdays -- all the birthday layouts tend to be repetitive.

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class? Yes, lots. My friend and I organized many scrapbook retreats and we would both teach classes.

Have you ever been published? Yes, just the once -- Canadian Scrapbooker. I really love that paper line, and made a ton of layouts with it!
SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Walkin10

What type of camera do you use? I was using a FUGI FinePix, but last year my son gave me a Canon. Just haven't used it as much as I should be.

What would be your perfect day? Waking up without an alarm is always good Smile Then, to share breakfast with my family, spend some time outside together would be great!

I can't imagine my life without ... my family!

Favorite Snack: I would have said potato chips, but now that my eating habits are changing I'll say fruit.

Favorite Drink: water

Favorite Paper: Either Basic Grey or Fancy Pants. I like Echo Park, too.

Favorite Technique: Inking or sewing

Favorite Embellishment: buttons

Favorite Scrap Tool: my cutter

Favorite Adhesive: I use Scotch double-sided tape

Last edited by Carla on May 6th 2013, 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 7:46 pm

Carla - I think you should try to mark out one little spot that is just for you to scrapbook. I really think you would enjoy it. Maybe there are some ideas on Pinterest to use small spaces?? Just an idea.

Love learning more about you!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 8:16 pm

Love your winter LO, Carla! I remember that Echo park line and loved it too.

Nice learning more about you!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 9:08 pm

Love the LO's you posted Carla! Nice to learn a little more about you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 11:38 pm

I really enjoyed the title work in that layout, Carla! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself.Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 11:57 pm

{{LOVE}} you Carla.. and love your scrapbooking style... and hope you get back into it soon!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
kelpy45
Big Sister
kelpy45

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 3:29 am

Loved learning about you Carla!
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 3:50 am

Carla, its great to get to know you better! I love the layouts you shared!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 2:35 pm

TFS, Carla! Love the LO of your Dad, and the lacing up on the other - great idea!

Last edited by After8 on May 6th 2013, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 4:01 pm

Thanks, ladies!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 4:04 pm

After8 wrote:
TFS, Carla! Love the LO of you Dad, and the lacing up on the other - great idea!

I showed this one at one of the retreats I hosted, and I think 7 or 8 ladies lifted it. I should have taken a picture of all of the layouts, cause they turned out great! The variety of papers/themes was so neat to se!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 4:12 pm

I am getting back into eyelets and lacing on my layouts. I love the look!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2013, 7:11 pm

Loved reading about you Carla.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA   SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SISTER Sunday - May 5th CARLA
Page 1 of 1