Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT

Go down 
+4
spuccini
Kelly
Helen
Carla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Empty
PostSubject: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 7:01 pm

I am married 48years in August.We have 3 DDs and 6 GKs.They all live in the city (Edmonton) close by so we see all quite often.I retired from
nursing 5 years ago and find I am busier now than when I worked.My DH retired about 20 years ago because of injuries from work-now he
has arthritis and has difficulties getting around.

Who/what inspired you to start scrapbooking?
I was asked to a Creative Memories party by a friend and I loved it so started then about 20 years ago.I did do some scrapping when I was
young and still have an old scrapbook that I saved and pasted pictures of the royal family from the times when the Queen was born!They
are pictures cut from old newspapers that my dad got weekly-no shiny pictures then!

Does anyone in your family also scrap?
All 3 of my DDs scrap as do my 3 sisters and at least 6 of my nieces.

What size do you normally scrap?
Usually 12x12 but I have done 8x8 and numerous small themed albums.Meaning small ones for the kids as well as workmates.

How many hours a week do you scrap?
I spend many hours scrapping every day. Rarely do I miss a day without scrapping.You'd think I'd have no more photos to scrap but there are
always tons even old ones from before I was married!!

What is one thing you always find yourself reaching for when creating a LO?
My cutter,my tape runner and CS. Also embellishments to match!

Describe your scrapping style in 3 words.
Themed,not too many embellishments, simple.

Tell us about your favorite LO you completed.
I don't have any favorite one, there are so many about 60 albums full so I can't really say!

What do you love most about scrapbooking?
I am not much of a TV fan so going to my room is something I enjoy. Relaxing by losing myself in the photos I am scrapping! I read a lot too
but in the end I find myself up here with my "stuff"

What do you dislike most about scrapbooking?
Where do I store my albums?I have every possible shelf claimed already LOL.

What topic do you find most difficult to scrap?
I find it hard to go back to old photos that there is no year for nor any names of the people in them.Those are the ones I sometimes throw away.
People that may have remembered are gone.Some I got before they passed so I'm thankful for that.

Have you ever taught a scrap book class?
Yes,My DD opened a scrap book store in 2006 so I taught classes for scrapbook pages and card classes.She sold her store in 2011 and I still am
at the store! I always say I was bought with it! I teach a card class there once a month.I love my stint there-keeps me going.

Have you ever been published?
No.I've never tried and I think my stuff isn't that good.

What type of camera do you use?
I have an Olympus digital that I use for putting my LOs on this site.Also my DH bought me a Nikon 7000 at Christmas that I use when we go
places and I want better shots.I also carry my little Canon power shot digital ELPH in my purse at all times. My Dh loves his cameras so we've
always had the newest one!He doesn't take many pictures now because his wrists and hands don't always cooperate!

What would be your perfect day?
I have perfect days everyday! Can't think of anything I'd like more-Iscrap all the time,do whatever we want-maybe perfect would be a sack full
of cash to spend on more scrappy things LOL.

I can't imagine my life without--
I neither eat nor drink when scrapping
I just buy whatever appeals to me in paper lines and embellishments-no favorites
The tool I use most often is my cutter
No technique that is favored either
The best adhesive for me is my tape runner-E-Z,and glue dots.The E-Z runner is not refillable so can get a bit expensive.

Hope you've learned something about me. I love learning about all of you like extended family!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 7:29 pm

LOVED getting to know you better Pat! I didn't know your dd owned a scrappy store? How cool (and dangerous) is that!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 7:31 pm

Oh Pat! It was nice to learn more about you! How cute that you were "sold with the store"! Laughing

Where do you scrao? Do you have a dedicated room?? How nice that so many of your family scraps with you!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 10:50 pm

Loved learning more about you Pat! I, too, love that you were "sold with the store" and that you have so many family members that scrap as well.
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 2:32 pm

TFS, Pat! I didn't know you had that many albums! You are a super-scrapper!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 8:25 pm

Neat getting to know about your scrapping. Last summer in Edmonton, I had the opportunity to meet Pat and Victoria. It was awseome!!!!

Last edited by lirose on June 4th 2013, 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pam
Big Sister
Pam

Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 1:28 am

Great to get to know you better Pat. Which store did your daughter own in Edmonton? I lived there from 2002 to 2009.
Back to top Go down
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 3:49 pm

Pat, loved reading the information about you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT   Sister Sunday - June 2nd  PAT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sister Sunday - June 2nd PAT
Page 1 of 1