Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE

Go down 
+9
Tams
kelpy45
Helen
spuccini
Scrappin Sabian
Carla
Lisa L.
Kelly
After8
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Empty
PostSubject: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 2:45 pm

Sympathy flowers:

Flowers can be found at weddings, are used on Mothers Day, are given when people are sick or have just had a new baby. They are used to say “thank you” and “I love you”. They are used to remember our loved ones. With one of our “sisters” passing away recently, I thought it would be appropriate to remember her as we do what she loved doing.... scrapping. In her 32 posts, she shared a lot about her style. This is what I found:

Lyn didn't like themed paper or embies. She enjoyed using raw chipboard and was very fond of paints – especially Tim Holtz's crackle paint. Her favorite paper lines included prima, websters pages, and pink paislee but was also looking forward to the new doodlebug stuff.

My challenge to you is to create a project using this list of likes and dislikes. Add a flower or more to show sympathy. And because Lyn loved licorice – add some black or red to your creation.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 3:18 pm

What a beautiful challenge and tribute, Jessica. I feel honored to do this "challenge"... I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 3:35 pm

What a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 3:49 pm

Yes, definitely a timely and thoughtful challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 4:12 pm

Jessica this is such a wonderful tribute! Thank you for helping us to remember Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 5:24 pm

Such a sweet idea! Thanks Jessica!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 5:37 pm

My pleasure! Looking forward to seeing your creations. Smile
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 5:50 pm

What an awesome challenge Jessica.. I know she would have loved this. I will pass this on to her DH too...
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
kelpy45
Big Sister
kelpy45

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 6:15 pm

This is a great idea Jess! A great way to remember her!
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2013, 7:46 pm

WOW, what a great challenge Jessica, what a great way to honor Lyn! I will have to get my thinking cap on!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2013, 2:50 pm

Tams wrote:
WOW, what a great challenge Jessica, what a great way to honor Lyn! I will have to get my thinking cap on!

I can not express it better than Tammy! Awesome Challenge, Jessica!
Back to top Go down
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 12:50 am

Very thoughtful challenge Jessica. Looking forward to working on this.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 2:59 pm

Just want to clarify that you don't have to use everything listed. Chose one thing (or more) to add with the flower and black or red. Happy scrapping!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 3:11 pm

Here's the LOs I did on the w'end for my own challenge. Made two similar pages for two different children and included lots of journaling as Lyn reminded me of the main reason I scrapbook. Chose raw chipboard alphas and painted them, used crackle paint for one title. Used black for journaling and added paper flowers - the kind Kelsey challenged us to make. Oops, I see I forgot the date on one... will have to go fix that!

JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Img_3131
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 3:23 pm

Great layouts Jessica!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 4:17 pm

Love the journaling. Boys..... Wink
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 4:44 pm

Those are great Jessica! I love the big brackets and the titles!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 7:47 pm

Awesome job, Jessica. Love your journaling!
Back to top Go down
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 2:06 am

JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Ididit

I've been trying hard to get these challenges done and do some of the other ones out there. Time??wonder what that is?? I used a pink paislee pp for my base in this LO with red fussy cut flowers and black matting.Nothing fancy just plain LOs.
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 4:55 am

very nice Pat!!! Love your fussy cut flowers!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 8:15 am

I love the flowers too! I also like the red outline around your mat.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 1:52 pm

Love the fussy cut flowers. Love, love, love..... What did she get her degree in? How long did it take her? I haven't thought of Athabasca for years...
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 2:13 pm

PatiO wrote:
JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Ididit

I've been trying hard to get these challenges done and do some of the other ones out there. Time??wonder what that is?? I used a pink paislee pp for my base in this LO with red fussy cut flowers and black matting.Nothing fancy just plain LOs.

This is lovely, Pat! A beautiful simplicity to it! I know you are a "themed" kinda gal like me.... great job on going out of your comfort zone! I love the fussy cut flowers up the side of the page and the inking of the pp sure makes it stand out. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 8:42 am

Thank you ladies.
Kelly-myDD got a degree in communications from Athabasca University. She took graphic design after high school.She worked for a bit after and after she got married and had her first child university beckoned.During mat leave she worked towards getting the degree.2 more kids later she finished took about 6 years and now she's thinking masters. Has alot of years ahead so she may still do it(no more kids though LOL).She is 43! She also studied while working and did graduate with distinction-we are very proud of her!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 1:38 pm

Wow. That's fabulous, Pat! What does one do with a degree in Communications?? I am still figuring what I want to be when I grow up... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE   JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JESSICA'S MAY CHALLENGE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next