Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry

Go down 
+11
pammypapers
PatiO
ScrapHappyMarie
Lisa L.
lirose
Helen
kimberly_m
Carla
scrappinmama
After8
Kelly
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Empty
PostSubject: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 7:55 pm

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Not-availableMy favourite holiday in the entire year is Christmas. From the sparkling lights on the tree, to the warm sweet smells fromthe kitchen, the light in children's eyes, the excitement, the preparation..... everything! I remember as a child in the 60s, laying between my sisters on the floor in front of the tree. Our heads were in our hands and we just watched the lights glimmer off my mother's precious glass ornaments. We were enchanted!

As a grandmother now, my tree is not decorated with glass but with plastic balls and jingle bells. I'm a little more relaxed than my mom was! Laughing I want my grandkids to be able to touch and experience. They still look at the lights with the same excitement and anticipation in their eyes. I guess it desn't matter if you use glass or plastic, there's just something about the tree.

If you asked me what my all time favourite embellishments for scrapping are, I'd have to say metal and lace. I love the look of the strong and the delicate together. I love the distressed look of "homey" instead of "architectural" and "modern". I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart!

For this challenge, I'd like you to scrap a layout of YOUR favourite holiday. Whether it's Christmas, Easter or Halloween or anything in between, let's see it! For the twist, you also must use some metal and lace on your layout!

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Img_0417

All projects are due April 30 at midnight EDT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 4:03 pm

This is a beautiful LO Kelly!
Back to top Go down
scrappinmama
Big Sister
scrappinmama

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 4:22 pm

I absolutely love this layout! I love how you used the same photo twice but one is bigger than the other. I love the colours and the poinsettias!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 4:48 pm

Gorgeous! I love the snowflakes! Are they embossed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 6:26 pm

What a wonderful layout! I love it!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 7:14 pm

Gorgeous Kelly!!! LOVE the lace and metal on your layout!!!! Great challenge!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 8:09 pm

Beautifil Kelly, I love the "Nanta" claus comes tonight!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 3:00 pm

Thanks everyone!

No, those snowflakes aren't embossed, Carla. This is the Simple Stories Christmas line..
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 5:48 pm

Here is my take on this. I used some old metal brads that must be 10 years old! LOL! I love Christmas. Sorry for the bad photo - the lighting is horrible in here today.

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry IMG_3313
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 7:22 pm

Cool challenge! I look forward to having some scrappy time as soon as things settle down here. Great LO's ladies.
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 9:06 pm

Nice Job, Lisa! Love the clean lines and circle embellishments.!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 2:03 am

Love the layout Lisa!!!! I have those same brads!! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 2:25 pm

This is great, Lisa! I love your white on neutral title and the ornaments surrounding your tree in the shape of circles!

Thanks for doing my challenge!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 3:57 pm

I thought your round pics were embies at first glance, Lisa! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 5:29 am

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Ourtree

Christmas is also my favorite holiday next to fall as my favorite time of year!! Funny how we all seem to like Christmas. And the trees all decorated eh?I had this one photo that I found in my pile that hadn't been scrapped yet so now it is LOL.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 2:14 pm

So pretty, Pat! I love your avatar to, such a happy looking you!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 2:40 pm

Beautiful Pat, I love that Webster's paper! It is so beautiful that you need very little embellies! Your brads add a great touch!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 3:21 pm

Love your free, your Webster's and your brads!

Thanks for doing my challenge, Pat!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 11:00 pm

[img]Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Kelly_10[/img]

I did an art journal for this one... Lace... orange bobbin stuff held on with metal staples! I love Halloween but have no photos... my boys have never gone trick or treating.. so this is the next best thing!
Back to top Go down
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 11:07 pm

Love that layout Helen. I also love Halloween. It's just a fun holiday.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 11:19 pm

WOW!! I sat right back in my chair when I saw your page, Helen! It's fabulous!!!

Thanks for doing my challenge!!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 2:14 am

Fantastic Helen, I love the pinks/mauves and oranges! They pop with the black!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 2:43 pm

Thanks ladies
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 10:12 pm

Helen you are amazing! What an awesome LO
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 10:50 pm

LOL! Thanks Tarah!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry   Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kelly's DT Challenge #2 - Merry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sisterhood Of Scrap :: DT Monthly Challenges :: April DT Challenges... all about you!-
Jump to: