Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Mystery Envelope!

Go down 
+10
KerriNZ
katesmum
PatiO
Lisa L.
Carla
spuccini
After8
Kelly
lirose
Helen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2012, 3:35 pm

Lisa L. wrote:
wow Jessica! You are so busy!

Where do you sell your sweets?

Mostly to the teachers at the schools, DH's office and neighbors. I do up tins of balls (cherry, peanut butter, rum, pecan, snow, grand marnier) and trays that have the balls on them plus date squares, nanimo bars, coconut logs, spritz cookies, almond kiss cookies and peanut butter cups.
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2012, 4:30 pm

Wow you are busy Jessica! I don't know where you find the time!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2012, 5:45 pm

Wow... I agree with Stephanie! Thanks for explaining "meat kings"... do the boys help much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 4:05 pm

Yes, they are a great help. DH is either doing other work here or is at the office so we work at it w/o him. The oldest three do the "culling", then everyone from 6 years old and up help to pluck. My 14 year old does the gutting (my 8 year old shows interest in doing this task too) and then I wash them up and bag them. After doing four more yesterday I told them we would be "celebrating" when we finish them all. Not sure yet what that will be, but it will be fun! Family movie night with treats, campfire with s'mores and glow sticks, maybe an overnight at a hotel.... it'll be so nice to be done and worth celebrating! It's time consuming work and can't be done all in one day due to the number of chickens we have and the baby's schedule so we keep having to do a few on any available day.
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 7:04 pm

My parents used to have chickens and I remember doing the plucking. It wasn't fun but my dad didn't give us a choice Smile I remember he got mad at us once because we were pulling on the tendons on the chicken leg and making the foot open & close. We started laughing so hard!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 9:39 pm

LOL! I used to help as a child too, it was neat to find the developing eggs inside!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 9:57 pm

I remember helping as a child, too. NOT one of my favorite childhood memories, I still can reember the smell!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 9:59 pm

Do you sell the chickens or keep them for your family.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2012, 2:15 am

We sold some last year. Will probably sell a few this year too. We prefer to keep them though when we think of all the work we had to do to get them in the freezer! LOL!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 3:42 am

This sounds like it will be fun....wish I was here on time that I could of signed up. If you do it again I will be in for sure.
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 3:54 am

Yipee!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 5:21 am

I still have this to do I have to find my envelope. lol! Everything I go to the basement, I'm putting one thing away on my scrap table. I might have in cleaned off by Christmas. santa
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 1:19 pm

No worries Linda.. I still Lois's house to do from months ago... LOL!!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 4:53 pm

lirose wrote:
I still have this to do I have to find my envelope. lol! Everything I go to the basement, I'm putting one thing away on my scrap table. I might have in cleaned off by Christmas. santa

That's a good idea. I have to go to my basement for laundry (and goodness knows, no one EVER has clothes to wear!! Rolling Eyes) so I could totally do this. However, I may be done by NEXT Christmas - yeah, it's that bad! LOL
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 11:52 pm

Mine is really bad, too Stephanie. I know I could win a prize for the messiest space.
Back to top Go down
KerriNZ
Always a Sister
KerriNZ

Number of posts : 2182

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2012, 2:40 am

was there ever a winner for this announced ? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2012, 1:38 pm

I looked at my space this morning (in the dark) and shuddered. Good thing I'm not working in there today! Laughing I'll take a photo (later) and prove it to you..
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2012, 2:50 pm

Looking forward to it, Kelly! Maybe it will make the rest of us feel better about our messes!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2012, 2:53 am

No winner Kerri.. just the mystery challenge....
Back to top Go down
KerriNZ
Always a Sister
KerriNZ

Number of posts : 2182

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2012, 10:55 am

ah that's okay then cos i thought i missed something Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Envelope!   Mystery Envelope! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery Envelope!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3