Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS

Go down 
+9
beecee
katesmum
Lisa L.
KerriNZ
Gail D
Carla
spuccini
After8
Kelly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Empty
PostSubject: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2012, 6:02 pm

Medals

You've made it! You're at the end of your Olympic Career (so to speak) and you deserve a medal!

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Medali-olimpiadeThe Olympic medal has a design featuring the Greek goddess of victory, Nike, on the front, stepping out of the Panathenaic stadium. On the back, the River Thames, under the London 2012 logo, is intersected by shards.

Now I could go on and on giving you all sorts of stats re: the weight, composition, actual monetary value, statistics and so on where the medals are concerned, but I want to keep this as simple as possible. This challenge is all about METAL... that's right, METAL... now YOU decide if you are going to "win" gold, silver or bronze. It's up to you!

BRONZE
You do a layout or card with some metal on it. Just whatever you want, easy peasy.

SILVER
A little more challenging, you manage to get obvious gold, silver and bronze metal (or at least three different colours of metal) and a purple ribbon on your layout.

GOLD
This could be a real challenge! Not only do you need to have obvious gold, silver and bronze metal (or at least three different colours of metal) and a purple ribbon on your layout. You also need three or more different styles (brads, staples, pins, book plates, paper clips etc) on your layout AND a feather for Nike, the Greek goddess of victory who has been on the front side of every Olympic Games medal since 1928.

So to break it down (for those who love lists), here are your three options for this challenge:

Bronze
Use some metal on a layout or card

Silver (LO only)
1. Obvious three different colours of metal (to represent gold, silver and bronze)
2. Obvious purple ribbon

Gold (LO only)
1. Obvious three or more different styles of metal (brads, book plates, staples, pins etc)
2. Obvious three different colours of metal (to represent gold, silver and bronze)
3. Obvious purple ribbon
4. A FEATHER representing the wings on Nike, the Greek goddess of victory

Here's my GOLD MEDAL example (using 7 different "styles" of metal (brad, photo corner, butterfly, stick pin, framed thingy, bookplate, buckle) and six different colours - pewter, bronze, copper, blue, green, silver):

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Picture040

All GOLD medal winners will have their name put in a random drawing for a RAK from moi at the end of this month! Go for gold, ladies! You can do it!!

Rules:
1. Must be new as of August 2nd
2. May NOT be combined with any other Olympic Challenges
3. May submit up to 2 layouts if you wish.
4. Whatever you do, have fun!

Last edited by KZ on August 11th 2012, 10:07 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 7:00 pm

blue, purple and silver metals, different kinds are staples, heart, brads, tag, paper clips, the feathers are tucked in with the flowers (they are from guinea fowl)...

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Img_1616
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 7:25 pm

Wow, those are both great LO's!

great challenge Kelly!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 7:37 pm

Wow! Love them both. Very different styles of layouts, but gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 8:12 pm

Kelly, another great layout. I like how well balanced it is. How does that sweet little girl get to liking worms? Ick! LOL
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 8:15 pm

Jessica, that's a really nice heritage layout. Wow, there are more options than I realized for metal. I like that ribbon threaded through the heart. What is the purple behind the photo on the right? Paper? Fabric? Paint?
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 9:00 pm

Thank you, ladies! It's mulberry paper, Gail... I wet a q-tip to trace the square out of it then pulled it apart to create the frayed edge look.
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 9:06 pm

I love the look it creates Jessica. I'll have to watch for some Mulberry paper. I don't think I've had any.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 10:08 pm

7th heaven wrote:
blue, purple and silver metals, different kinds are staples, heart, brads, tag, paper clips, the feathers are tucked in with the flowers (they are from guinea fowl)...

What a lovely heritage page, Jessica! You're really rocking these out today. I think I may have to take a lesson from your organizing thread!

I really like the mulberry paper and the silver heart. Did you pull that little feather off your own bird?? Laughing I wish it was bigger so I could see all the little details better! Super job! Thanks for doing my challenge!

Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 3:42 pm

We don't have guinea fowl... yet! I'm fortunate that my DH is crafty too... he ties flies for fishing and the feather came from his stash! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 3:49 pm

7th heaven wrote:
We don't have guinea fowl... yet! I'm fortunate that my DH is crafty too... he ties flies for fishing and the feather came from his stash! LOL!

Ahhh!! that makes sense... way to raid HIS stash!! I loved it.. so delicate. Smile
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 3:55 pm

Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KerriNZ
Always a Sister
KerriNZ

Number of posts : 2182

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 5:27 am

I have a idea or 2 on this interesting challenge, but random question...what if my purple ribbon has other colors in it ?
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:39 pm

Nope. It must be purple. The athletes don't have "other things" in it.. Except gold writing I guess..if your purple ribbon has gold in it then you can use it, otherwise it must be solid purple. Very Happy

Just to keep it challenging... Wink
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 5:56 pm

used bronze, silver and gold
used a holder, a page marker and brads
used a dark purple ribbon
used a vintage picture of a grouse feather collection

My son collects knives. He is especially fond of vintage knives. The picture on the bottom is a knife that he designed the outside of himself. I thought this was perfect to group with the feather collection.

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS IMG_2031
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 5:58 pm

7th heaven wrote:

so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 3:18 am

I agree Lisa. It was a good fit.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 2:19 pm

Very appropriate topic for your layout, Lisa! (Really? He collects knives?? Shocked wow)

Thanks for doing my challenge...
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 5:17 pm

Lisa L. wrote:
used bronze, silver and gold
used a holder, a page marker and brads
used a dark purple ribbon
used a vintage picture of a grouse feather collection

My son collects knives. He is especially fond of vintage knives. The picture on the bottom is a knife that he designed the outside of himself. I thought this was perfect to group with the feather collection.

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS IMG_2031

Very cool, Lisa!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2012, 3:53 pm

Lisa, your son and my DS2 would certainly enjoy hanging out together!
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 8:20 am

I used everything... gold metal flowers, bronze 'love' brad on the flower, white metal word tags, a blue metal brad, a silver punched piece of metal, a red metal corner piece... so I went for the gold!! The ribbon is tucked into the flower and so is the bit of feather.... the purple is obvious in real life cause it's the only purple on the layout!!

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Gold_m10
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 2:48 pm

Suh-weet!! Lois!! Your name is definitely in the draw!! I love this layout and how you were able to visibly incorporate all those elements. I thought this would be a challenge, but you girls are rocking it!

Thanks for doing my challenge!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 4:38 pm

Love it Lois!! Love the title and the photos are so sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2012, 3:12 am

That is great Lois. All the little metal bits are neat. Are you doing an album for your granddaughter?
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2012, 9:20 am

yes, Gail... I thought I would add these to the album I gave her for grad of all the happenings throughout her life! Thanks everyone for the nice comments... here is another part of the challenge... the bronze medal - I did a card for that.. the metal is tucked in beside the sentiment area.

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Medal_10
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS   August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 11 - Challenge THE MEDALS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next