Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

A Peaceful feeling

Go down 
+2
Carla
Sonya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonya
A Sister, A Friend
Sonya

Number of posts : 593

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 12:22 am

Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone! I haven't been on much lately bc I'm trying to get things put together for the Christmas holiday. I'm hosting Christmas day for my husbands side of the family at our house. Shopping still isn't done..... the blizzard started at around 10:00 pm last night. We got 12-14 inches of snow now, and nearly white out conditions! HEY maybe the malls won't be so crowded today....... Laughing

My son Ryan and his friend are snowboarding off the roof. They built a hill to hit where the roof ends. Crazy boys I tell ya!!

Anyway I just wanted to share a couple of photos I took back in October. I went to the church where the service (Mass?) was for my Dad. Then off for a visit to the cemetery.

Catholic Church in Wisconsin
A Peaceful feeling Somerset_church

Mother Mary and Baby Jesus is the first thing you see before entering the cemetery.A Peaceful feeling Baby_and_mother
I just love being in the Catholic Church. It calms my heart, and takes away my fears. Such a peaceful feeling that overtakes me and brings me calm!

So with that ladies. I'm wondering if there is something that brings you peace? I know chocolate does it for me sometimes, but it just doesn't do a thing for my butt! Laughing....I know I have a pretty dry sense of humor!!

If you have a photo that you would like to share please do post.

Lots of ((((HUGS))))
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 1:03 am

What a beautiful church! I agree with you, those big catherdrals are so peaceful!

I also find peace just sitting quietly and listening to soothing music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Colleen
Lifetime Sister
Colleen

Number of posts : 11112

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 1:31 am

Actually my peaceful comes when I am scrapping.
Back to top Go down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 1:45 am

I love the light in the church photo.

I try to find a small campground each summer to go to for a few days. That is my favorite way to really relax and get away from day to day things. My favorites are little lakes with less than 10 spots. There are other places I go just outside of the city sometimes. For me, being outside and away from the city has always helped me to find peace - they are good places for prayer and meditation.

This has been one of my favorite little camping sites in one of our provincial parks. Sorry if I've shared this before but I love this photo.

A Peaceful feeling Image
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 3:03 am

I love the photos... I am thinking about peace lately because I haven't been finding much of it. There are moments though when up late at night and working on something and the time just goes and then I feel a sense of peace come fleetingly near me. I know I will find it soon.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Sonya
A Sister, A Friend
Sonya

Number of posts : 593

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 10:32 pm

Gail what a beautiful photo!! I also love the silence in nature, but don't experience it as much as I would like.

Collen and Carla maybe you could get your hubbies to take a picture of you doing the thing that brings you peace. Smile Lois too. I hope you find your peace.

Lets see those photos ladies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 11:43 pm

What beautiful photographs Sonya and Gail! Both are so peaceful and serene!!! TFS!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

A Peaceful feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Peaceful feeling   A Peaceful feeling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Peaceful feeling
Page 1 of 1