Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

June 14 - Duct Tape Days

Go down 
+2
Helen
Kelly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

June 14 - Duct Tape Days Empty
PostSubject: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 3:36 pm

Welcome to National Duct Tape Days!

This whole weekend (June 14-16) (probably in honor of Father’s Day) is dedicated to the love of all things duct tapey… so get ready for a long dissertation on the topic. June 14 - Duct Tape Days Wink

For a real “history” of duct tape, please read here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Like seriously? Did you actually read that?? June 14 - Duct Tape Days SnoreWell, I didn’t read it all either, actually what I found more fascinating was how to use it for my scrapbook (naturally). I did a lot of internet research and found that original grey duct tape is not exactly a product you want right on top of your nice photos because the adhesive is not acid free or photo safe. June 14 - Duct Tape Days Freaking-out-smiley-emoticonYikes!

Did I stop there? Oh no I didn’t! I thought surely someone somewhere has thought of something cool to do with it and eureka I found someone! Check out this  uber cool video Now don’t be put off by her annoying voice but watch it for the full 2 minutes…

Are you done?  Good.

So, I thought that I could do this too… Here’s what happened when I tried it with my Big Shot!

June 14 - Duct Tape Days ZIzH9Asm68csM8GtaK_K

Cool beans eh?

Then as if that wasn’t enough, I thought, “Well, why not try and see if I can color this stuff. I don’t always want an “industrial look” on my layouts or cards.” So I dug out my heretofore unused alcohol inks and tried a little cranberry… here’s the result!

June 14 - Duct Tape Days DooOt2srkgAMT_5OyyaM

So it is possible to play and color with your tape. This is what I want you to do today. Try it!

Now for part deux. There is a brand of duct tape out there called “Duck Tape”. Now Duck Tape (available at Michael’s and other fine craft stores June 14 - Duct Tape Days Wink) is not only available in a variety of cool colors and patterns, but it claims to be safe for scrapbooking. As a matter of fact, they even have a “how to scrapbook” section on their website duckbrand.com/solutions/crafts-activities/scrapbooking-tips-for-beginners Now, I think I did due diligence in searching for acid or other harmful things in this tape during my research, but came up with nada. So apparently Duck Tape is safe to put on your craft projects.

I just happened to have a roll that I purchased to wrap dd’s birthday box that I mailed to Korea. If nothing else, it will be easy to find in a dead letter drop somewhere between here and the edge of the world! LOL

June 14 - Duct Tape Days JhOvSv4kklR_qU0nXFHk

So what are you doing today to build your layout? Well as you may have noticed I haven’t told you what to do with your pin yet, have I? That’s because a good builder always makes sure (s)he has all the necessary materials on hand before starting. You are building your “ingredients” to make your beautiful “blind” layout. Don’t worry, we’ll be using these things. I just want you to be ready.

So sneak into hubby’s workbench if you don’t already have your own roll of the silver stuff and let’s see what you can emboss and color (if you have cool alcohol based pens) today. 

If you happen to have some cool Duck tape, please share!

Stay tuned to this forum for tomorrow's great installment! June 14 - Duct Tape Days Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 3:57 pm

Cool beans Kelly! Awesomeness for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 4:00 pm

That is very cool, Kelly.  Looking forward to waht we will be doing tomorrow.  Thanks for the reserch!
Back to top Go down
toyk
Big Sister
toyk

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 10:00 pm

I thought I saw some Justin Beber & maybe Hello Kitty duck tape at Michaels not long ago?? I will check it out after work today.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 10:49 pm

Excellent! I can't wait to see it. I'm sure I don't know what I'd do with a whole roll of Justin Bieber except torment some of my dd's friends with it!!  LOL!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 10:50 pm

Explanation to the above: They think (channeling Helen's son, Stuart) that Justin Bieber is "gay"... Wink
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 11:48 pm

LOL... I will have to tell Stuart this...
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2013, 6:11 am

Very interesting! Jessica was looking through some decorative duct tape last night at Michaels.

The embossed stuff is really neat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 3:13 pm

Oh that is very cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 14 - Duct Tape Days   June 14 - Duct Tape Days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 14 - Duct Tape Days
Page 1 of 1