Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

BIG Decision....

Go down 
+19
kelpy45
PatiO
toyk
pammypapers
katesmum
lirose
tealover
kimberly_m
Colleen
littlekiwi
spuccini
Helen
ScrapHappyMarie
Evinta
Scrappin Sabian
Pam
After8
Lisa L.
Carla
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:56 am

WE do have a FB page (for those on Facebook) but it hasn't been active at all. When I started it, I thought it might pull in some friends who weren't used to forums. Not sure if anyone is interested in me keeping that open or not.

As to starting a new forum, I don't mind at all. I would just ask that you not use the same name Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:58 am

Scrappin Sabian wrote:
Dear Carla and Helen. It is with heartfelt sadness that I say til we meet again ;(. I have been here such a short time but look forward to daily catch ups with everyone.

Is it difficult to start a forum? Is there a way to somehow continue? Lisa I think a Facebook group would be awesome. I really don't want to lose contact!

I don't know a lot about setting up a forum. I have been fiddling with the back end of this one for a while, so I can figure some things out, but am clueless when it comes to things like domains, hosting and such.

Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:59 am

Evinta wrote:
Hey Carla and Helen would you be against me starting a new forum for us? I can keep things the same as it is but take over the running/costs to help give you guys a break and of course you two would get a say in things Wink

I just love this place thats all..

Again, I don't mind if you wanted to start another forum, but it certainly doesn't need to be the same as here. I'd prefer if it wasn't the same name, though.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:00 am

Carla wrote:
WE do have a FB page (for those on Facebook) but it hasn't been active at all. When I started it, I thought it might pull in some friends who weren't used to forums. Not sure if anyone is interested in me keeping that open or not.

As to starting a new forum, I don't mind at all. I would just ask that you not use the same name Smile

Thats fine.

And i got to think of a new name.
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:03 am

ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
Oh Carla....You have no idea how much this saddens me. I know I haven't been here that long but I want to THANK YOU for giving me such an awesome, all inspiring, safe place with wonderful ladies who uplift and encourage me in so many ways. I can't even begin to think of life without this forum.
I hate to be the selfish one and ask it, but.....is there anyway we could change your mind? Like can some of us step up and take over for a while so you can take it back when you want to? Even if you decided to take a long break and then decided you would like to come back.
Does it cost to have the forum? I know some of us would pitch it and cover that cost even. I know myself and others would love to do some of the planning and even DT stuff......see I'm desperate to keep this forum!

I'm so sorry.....I just can't imagine my life without these amazing ladies....and yes that includes you Carla and Helen! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'm really sorry, girls Sad I know I will miss the forum terribly, but I have to make the right decision for me at this time.

It does cost to run the forum, and it costs to send prizes, costs to remove ads etc. We took over from another store-based forum and the majority of the forum setup was already done. It'd be different if Helen or I owned a scrap store and the forum was an extension of that.

Last edited by Carla on June 10th 2013, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:05 am

Pick of the patch right?

Carla, we understand don't worry! we just want to keep in contact with you!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:06 am

Helen wrote:
I first of all want to thanks Carla for allowing me to help her here for the past 5 years! I can't believe it has been this long.... Times does fly. I really love you like a true sister Carla... Thanks....

Awww, I feel the same, Helen Smile

Quote :
I honestly don't see a problem with you all starting a new forum... I think that would be amazing. I do know that Carla will put her baby to rest.. And may join you in another space. I will be taking a break for the summer for sure to get back on track and figure out where I am with my creative side.. If you know what I mean. But if you do start a new forum.. Make sure to let us know where and what.

I, too, will enjoy the summer break -- not to say I won't be scrapping, but I feel I will get back to what I loved about creating layouts again Smile

Quote :
Saying that... W still have the rest of the month.. So I better see you all doing some of the challenges that our amazing DT have come up with.

YES! There's still lots of fun stuff for this month!

Quote :
And speaking of which.. I want to say a HUGE thanks to Kelly, Linda, and Stephanie for the amazing work that they have done over the last year... They went over and above what was expected of them.. ((Hugs)) to you all!

100% agreed! They were amazing! The ideas they came up with were wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:08 am

Evinta wrote:
I was thinking of zetaboards, i have less experience with proboards and i never liked it. ZB is free as well (already registerd the forum) and more customizable.

You already registered Sisterhood of Scrap??
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:10 am

spuccini wrote:
Carla, what will happen to our Gallery? Just curious...

I can keep it up for as long as people need it. Might be a good idea to save your images if you want them.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:10 am

Carla wrote:
Evinta wrote:
I was thinking of zetaboards, i have less experience with proboards and i never liked it. ZB is free as well (already registerd the forum) and more customizable.

You already registered Sisterhood of Scrap??

Nope. I did start sos2 however i changed it to Sisters Reunited. Haven't done the domain yet.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:13 am

Ah i came from PoTP with some of the gang.

Back to top Go down
Colleen
Lifetime Sister
Colleen

Number of posts : 11112

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:37 am

Been a long time ladies but when I heard I wanted to take the time to thank Carla and Helen. For all the time I was here on the board and those times helping out I loved it and loved working with Helen and have really missed her.

Carla I wish you the very best in your future and you have too much talent to just quit, I hope that mojo is just on a small vacation.

Helen, Michigan is still open for a visit.
Back to top Go down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:40 am

Colleen, you were a wonderful addition to our forum. Thanks so much!! Miss you lots....
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 1:58 am

Thanks Colleen.. I miss you too.. but will be sure to see you soon! {{HUGS}} my friend!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 2:37 am

Now that i got over the shock.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.. i can't say that enough you two.

I love you guys more than you know and i can't say thankyou enough because you let a girl with autism come and join and be a part of the forum rather than be excluded. I will always have just happy memories.

xxx
Bryar
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 3:11 am

I have grown so fond of so many! I understand the commitment and dedication you have contributed! I appreciate all your time and effort !

On that note has anyone started a Facebook group yet?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 4:20 am

While I understand the reasons, it's still sad. Everyone here is so wonderful, and talented and kind and generous. It's been so great to be here!
I would like so send a big huge thank you to both Carla and Helen and everyone that's been on the design team. You have all put so much into SoS, and I truly appericate everything you have done. Thank you for SoS. Thank you for being my "sisters" and my friends. I hope to see all of you again on another forum or even on facebook.
Back to top Go down
tealover
Little Sister
tealover

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 4:58 am

So sad! But understandable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ilovepapercrafting.blogspot.com
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:05 am

Carla wrote:
ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
Oh Carla....You have no idea how much this saddens me. I know I haven't been here that long but I want to THANK YOU for giving me such an awesome, all inspiring, safe place with wonderful ladies who uplift and encourage me in so many ways. I can't even begin to think of life without this forum.
I hate to be the selfish one and ask it, but.....is there anyway we could change your mind? Like can some of us step up and take over for a while so you can take it back when you want to? Even if you decided to take a long break and then decided you would like to come back.
Does it cost to have the forum? I know some of us would pitch it and cover that cost even. I know myself and others would love to do some of the planning and even DT stuff......see I'm desperate to keep this forum!

I'm so sorry.....I just can't imagine my life without these amazing ladies....and yes that includes you Carla and Helen! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'm really sorry, girls Sad I know I will miss the forum terribly, but I have to make the right decision for me at this time.

It does cost to run the forum, and it costs to send prizes, costs to remove ads etc. We took over from another store-based forum and the majority of the forum setup was already done. It'd be different if Helen or I owned a scrap store and the forum was an extension of that.

Marie please check out Bryers site. We really just want to continue the love. When Carla and Helen ate ready to chat or craft with us they can come on over and just pick up without having the responsibility...LOVE IT
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:06 am

tealover wrote:
So sad! But understandable.

You too roo.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:30 am

Carla wrote:
ScrapHappyMarie wrote:

As much as I am devastated I totally understand. I just want you to know how thankful I am that you lovely ladies showed me how great a forum can be. I loved how sweet you ladies have been and how quickly you accepted me and all my friends. I hope and pray to never loose touch with all my lovely sisters. I have been so inspired by you all and have grown so much! I can only imagine how bitter sweet this is for you ladies. I know how crazy life can be and I'm sure this has been an extremely hard decision.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BLESSING MY LIFE WITH THE BEST SISTERS A GIRL COULD EVER ASK FOR! I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU ALL!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:32 am

I want to thanks Carla and Helen!!! It has been awesome to work with you, I love the friendships but most of all the caring!!!! You have more than exceded your goal statement.

It has been fun sharing in everyone's lives!!!

Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 7:01 am

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this site and maintaining the spirit of sisterhood...and for keeping things going for so long through some of life's changes... I have not been around much for the past few months due to a lot of outside work and kid issues but I have been popping in to snoop on you all!! I can't even tell you how much I am going to miss this place....If everyone wants, I can still maintain a Rak list, just email me with anything to change or if you don't want to be on it...we can still surprise each other... And maybe we can just keep going on the Facebook site that Carla got going... Bryar, it would be great if you got something going! I didn't grow up with a sister and always wanted one... Then I found my birth family and a sister... I was ecstatic ... And that's how I felt when I started on this forum and found all of you... I can understand though Carla...and Helen... That it's time for a break for you, I've been feeling the loss of mojo for awhile myself...there is just so much going on all the time!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
pammypapers
Big Sister
pammypapers

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 3:30 pm

I am soooo sorry to hear that you are shutting down the forum, but I definitely understand. You have to make the decisions that are right for you. It has been amazing to be a part of such a wonderful, welcoming group of ladies.

Thank you to Carla, Helen and all the people that have helped make this forum what it has become. I look forward to whatever the future holds for us all. Happy Scrapping!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 5:42 pm

katesmum wrote:
.If everyone wants, I can still maintain a Rak list, just email me with anything to change or if you don't want to be on it...we can still surprise each other...

That sounds like a plan Smile

Thanks for the kind words, Lois Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG Decision....
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next