Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?

Go down 
+9
katesmum
Scrappin Sabian
kimberly_m
ScrapHappyMarie
lirose
Evinta
scrappinmama
After8
Kelly
13 posters

LSS
Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_lcap30%Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Michaels
Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_lcap20%Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Walmart
Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_lcap10%Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Other? (please specify)
Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_lcap40%Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
I don't shop, I wait for RAKs
Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_lcap0%Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:29 pm

Just curious...
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:20 pm

Michaels at the moment as we don't have an LSS. Next in line would be Winners, then an LSS out of town. All of this would be once every 6 weeks or more.
Back to top Go down
scrappinmama
Big Sister
scrappinmama

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:54 pm

Mostly my LSS - I will go to Michaels if they have things on sale. I am not one for buying the paper packs of patterned paper. I prefer to buy them in the single sheet so my LSS has a much bigger selection for that.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 2:00 am

Spotlight because i don't have a LSS. Apparently there is one near me but i have seen their stock... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 2:20 am

I try to support the LSS first, Winners, Home Sense and Michaels --- but only with a coupon or the item is on sale.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 1:30 pm

I'm a little all over the place. I watch daily steals, I check Winners as often as I can, I clear out sales and clearances and fill up when I cross the line to the US because their prices are always amazing. I shop at our LSS more now that there is a new owner(a dear sweet friend) and I want to support her endeavour.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 2:50 pm

ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
I'm a little all over the place. I watch daily steals, I check Winners as often as I can, I clear out sales and clearances and fill up when I cross the line to the US because their prices are always amazing. I shop at our LSS more now that there is a new owner(a dear sweet friend) and I want to support her endeavour.

What Daily Steals do youwatch?

Where do you like shopping in the US? (heading that way this weekend)..
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 5:12 pm

I do about 88% of my scrappy shopping at my LSS. It's about a block away from where I work, so yeah, I'm there often! Very Happy
About 10% is done online, either at a store or ebay.
The final 2% is other stores. Michaels, Wal-Mart, fabric store, etc.
My LSS is my favourite place, so I always start there, but being that they are now only one store, and they aren't a very large store at that, the selection can be limited, which is when I turn to online shopping. Michaels prices are often double what they are at any other store. Sale items sell out fast, and being that I'm over an hour away from the closest store, I don't usually bother.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 5:27 pm

Kelly wrote:
ScrapHappyMarie wrote:

What Daily Steals do youwatch?

Where do you like shopping in the US? (heading that way this weekend)..
Mostly this one http://scrapbook.steals.com/ and Jo Anne's in Bangor as well as AC Moors
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 5:47 pm

Do you find Jo Ann's to be that big of a difference? What about duty crossing the border?
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 8:32 pm

Kelly wrote:
Do you find Jo Ann's to be that big of a difference? What about duty crossing the border?

JoAnn's is along the same as Michaels but they have some different stuff from similar lines. I always check their Cricut cartridges because they have a better selection and newer releases. They have coupons, so I always print before I go. If you are there for over 48 hours each person can bring back 800. I have never had to pay duty.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 8:41 pm

$800 each eh? I didn't realize that. I'm going past my favourite fabric store on the way down.... hmm.....

Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 1:01 am

Kelly wrote:
$800 each eh? I didn't realize that. I'm going past my favourite fabric store on the way down.... hmm.....

Have fun! We live by the boarder and are over often. I do find Walmart in the USA has better paper prices Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 9:07 am

There is no scrappy store here now so I shop at Michaels and online at ebay... also at Homesense... look what I scored today for 4.99

Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Img_4611

and I shop at The Paper Passion online.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 2:44 pm

Oh Lois! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 3:43 pm

Great deal Lois.. and I am sure you need more chipboard!! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 3:56 pm

I was eyeing those on my last trip, Lois! I really like the arrows and brackets but didn't think I'd use the rest so I passed them up.
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 11:38 pm

Holy Lois great score! Love when that happens!
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 7:58 am

That's awesome Lois! That is why you are the queen of chipboard!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 8:03 am

katesmum wrote:
There is no scrappy store here now so I shop at Michaels and online at ebay... also at Homesense... look what I scored today for 4.99

Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Img_4611

and I shop at The Paper Passion online.
Wow, love you little haul! Looks like lots of fun stuff! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 8:07 am

Kelly wrote:
I do for sure. They always have coupons as well they have a lot of great deals. Again this weekend I got spellbinders for $11 and $14 so I grabbed three more. $800 is a lot to spend so I can always get lots. When I go with DH I get most of his $800 as well. So yup I can spend "er" up pretty well. LOL
Back to top Go down
toyk
Big Sister
toyk

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2013, 7:26 pm

Since we have 7 scrapbook stores in Edmonton & about 5 Michaels & Winners & Homesense, I feel lucky!! I check most of them out every so often, there are a few I like better, because of the staff & how friendly they are to me. Every so often I do a scrapbook store run...going to everyone of them!! I don't always buy, I just like to see what each one has & the layouts they have. And then of course Michaels, but I seem to go tp the one that is closest (5 min drive, 20 minute walk), the staff there is extra nice, maybe because I am there 2 or 3 times a week (depending on what coupons are on!!).
My sisters & nieces take a trip to Calgary as well (we have relatives we stay with) and do a scrapbook run as well. But that only happens once or twice a year. The US is a 10 - 12 hour drive so we don't do that, BUT it may happen soon!!
Back to top Go down
PeridotPrincess
Little Sister
PeridotPrincess

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 5:15 am

Michael's
Walmart
I voted but thought I'd just put my answers here. Wish we had a scrapbook store here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often?   Where do you shop for scrappy stuff most often? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1