Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Tell me about SOS...

Go down 
+5
lirose
ScrapHappyMarie
Carla
Helen
After8
9 posters
AuthorMessage
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

Tell me about SOS... Empty
PostSubject: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 3:20 pm

I am curious about the history of this forum. When did it start, who started it and why? Is it linked to a store? Where do all the awesome prizes come from?
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 4:05 pm

Carla will be able to answer this one, as she had it with her sisters before I started.
As for the prizes... we (Carla, I and DT or whom ever has one) uses their own stash.
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 4:06 pm

It was started as a challenge blog, back in April 2007, by me and two of my real-life sisters Smile We'd post Monday scrappy challenges and offer sponsored prizes for those. During the we'd post various scrappy tips and websites, kinda like we still do here on the forum.

In 2009, we had the chance to take over a forum. This forum was originally set up as "Scrap My Memories". WE had talked for some time about changing from a blog to a forum, but didn't know much about how to set things up, so this came at a good time Smile

Our theme has always been to be kind, uplifting, encouraging, help you 'soar to new heights' in this craft and support you in the ups and downs of life; to inspire our members, and in turn be inspired BY them!

Currently, I am the only original "sister" left on the forum. BUT, I have adopted Helen as my sister! She has been a huge help and inspiration to me!

We are not linked to a store. Prizes are donated by myself and Helen -- and often our DT will also provide RAKs, etc.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 4:09 pm

Ahh.. thanks Carla...
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 5:47 pm

Wow! I'm so glad you are here!
The main reason why I love it here so much is because of this statement: Our theme has always been to be kind, uplifting, encouraging, help you 'soar to new heights' in this craft and support you in the ups and downs of life; to inspire our members, and in turn be inspired BY them!
I don't think I've heard a truer statement!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 6:03 pm

What a great statement, Carla!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 8:10 pm

Thanks for sharing! Wow, you ladies are generous!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 12:25 am

I've known Carla forever and was one of the original members of the challenge blog (not that I posted much) but Carla has been one of my main inspirations for taking my scrapbooking to new heights. She is my "sister" in other senses and this place reflects her kind heart, realistic outlook, and gentle spirit....

Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 1:17 am

Perfect!
Back to top Go down
Tams
A Sister, A Friend
Tams

Number of posts : 673

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 2:15 am

Great question Jessica. Its so nice to here the SOS story, I enjoy it here very much and the inspiration is amazing, and I must say you ladies are very generous. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 7:03 am

Kelly wrote:
I've known Carla forever and was one of the original members of the challenge blog (not that I posted much) but Carla has been one of my main inspirations for taking my scrapbooking to new heights. She is my "sister" in other senses and this place reflects her kind heart, realistic outlook, and gentle spirit....

I was a part of the original blog too! I loved the blog and was so worried when they started the forum because I don't like change so I didn't know what to expect but I'm so glad I jumped in & hung on Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 10:06 am

I've been here forever...and love it, I seldom play anywhere else...and some of the comments are reminding me that I haven't done a Rak challenge for way too long...so, I will dream up something soon!!!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 3:58 pm

Kelly wrote:

Awww, thanks Kelly!

You have been like a sister to me, also, especially in my homeschooling journey and with marriage/family issues. {{hugs}}
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 7:11 pm

Carla wrote:
Kelly wrote:

Awww, thanks Kelly!

You have been like a sister to me, also, especially in my homeschooling journey and with marriage/family issues. {{hugs}}

It's all true, Carla. I feel like we've grown "up" together and gone through so much together. I can't imagine life without you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about SOS...   Tell me about SOS... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me about SOS...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sisterhood Of Scrap :: SISTERHOOD OF SCRAP! :: Site Questions-
Jump to: