Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Terrific Tuesday April 24th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

Terrific Tuesday April 24th Empty
PostSubject: Terrific Tuesday April 24th   Terrific Tuesday April 24th Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2012, 4:27 am

I found this inspirational story today. Do something nice for someone tomorrow - even if it's just holding the door open for them. You never know, they may pass it on.

Pickup in the Rain

One night, at 11:30 PM, an older African American woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her - generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s. The man took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxi cab. She seemed to be in a big hurry! She wrote down his address, thanked him and drove away.

Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A special note was attached. It read: "Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night. The rain drenched not only my clothes but my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside just before he passed away. God bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others."

Lessons:

Offer help to anyone who needs it

Thank others for helping you.

If you help someone. Someone will help you.

If everyone does just these, the whole world will live in happiness.

Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday April 24th   Terrific Tuesday April 24th Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2012, 4:31 am

Great story, so many worthy lessons.
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday April 24th   Terrific Tuesday April 24th Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2012, 5:07 am

Thanks. That is inspirational.
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday April 24th   Terrific Tuesday April 24th Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2012, 7:54 am

So true!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday April 24th   Terrific Tuesday April 24th Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2012, 3:35 pm

Awesome Stephanie!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday April 24th   Terrific Tuesday April 24th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrific Tuesday April 24th
Page 1 of 1