Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Not much activity here....

Go down 
+6
Helen
Kelly
Colleen
katesmum
Carla
Snapps
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 8:59 pm

Aww, he's so cute Jackie! Has his hair grown back?
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 9:36 pm

I'll play. I didn't know I could do this with my camera... I usually convert in PS... cool!

Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Picture021
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Snapps
Little Sister
Snapps

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 9:53 pm

Jackie/Mom: What a CUTE picture! Jack is so adorable.

Kelly: What a beautiful picture of a beautiful dog. That fur looks sooooo soft.

Most cameras have the black and white feature. And yes, they always take the picture in colour first and then it takes some camera processor to convert it to black and white. Starting about the mid-level dSLR's they might even save both the colour and the converted file at the same time -- to give the user some choices.

I think most cameras do a good job with Black and White, but honestly, if you have software that you are comfortable with, it is better to do the conversion after the fact in software. If you guys want, I can start putting together some different tutorials on various topics for everything from the beginner to the more advanced levels. I am not an expert by any means. I enjoy writing them, and I might be posting them to a blog soon on my website when I get it revamped. (You would in fact be doing me a favour by reading them and telling me if I am explaining things well. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to offend, so I take C & C well. :-)
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 10:01 pm

Thanks. Smile

He's a mini-labradoodle and is super soft for the most part. He's the colour of butterscotch with a little white patch on his chest. He needs his face trimmed a bit now but that snap doesn't make him look too awful! You'll see him on a lot of my layouts. Smile

Yeah, I've always just done the b&w afterwards. It never occured to me to do it on the camera! I guess if I was doing a "study" in b&w it would make sense (like a whole "roll" so to speak) but why else would you use the b&w setting??

curious..
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 10:12 pm

I shoot a whole year in black and white using black and white film, i always do the conversion after in PS. One of my cameras though will shoot in b&w then take a second one in full color.

Snapps, i don't know your name [i looked in your signature lol] but if you need help with the tutorials feel free to ask, im a 1st year graphic student.
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 10:15 pm

Jackie P wrote:
Took me a while to figure my camera's settings for B/W but I finally found it LOL
RAW automatically takes colour even when the settings are on monocrome duh!!!
Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Wetface

Too cute, Jackie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 10:16 pm

KZ wrote:
I'll play. I didn't know I could do this with my camera... I usually convert in PS... cool!

Murphy, you are adorable!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 10:26 pm

I've done two. Taken in color, converted in PSCS4.

One is a black and white with color focal point
Not much activity here.... - Page 2 2i6ymb6
Black and white.
Not much activity here.... - Page 2 2q3zw4z

Thats Spork btw, my flatmates 17 year old cat!
Back to top Go down
Snapps
Little Sister
Snapps

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 11:01 pm

Evinta wrote:
I shoot a whole year in black and white using black and white film, i always do the conversion after in PS. One of my cameras though will shoot in b&w then take a second one in full color.

Snapps, i don't know your name [i looked in your signature lol] but if you need help with the tutorials feel free to ask, im a 1st year graphic student.

Evinta: Sure! I will start writing some up. Graphics student, ah? You could likely teach me a thing or two. :-)

I'm impressed that you use film. When I was in high school, I loved photography. I joined the photo club and had a lot of fun using the schools 35mm camera and developing my own black and white photos. I had the camera for about 3 weeks and learned a LOT from the experience. One day, I was struggling with developing a bit of film, and the teacher called me an idiot in front of everyone. Nowadays I could just shrug that off...but back then I was really shy and self-conscience. I never went back. I regret it to this day. At the time, I was toying with the idea of photography school, and my mom (Jackie here on SOS) was talking about helping me set up my own dark room! I did not really get back into photography until after the digital revolution -- when I didn't have to learn the dark room stuff. I didn't have the money for it, and I didn't have anyone to teach me.

My name here is Janet, btw. I edited my signature. :-)

I LOVE the selected b&w in that top picture. Selective colour can be soooo beautiful. I created this image that I thought worked much better with selective colour than in B&W.

Last edited by Snapps on March 19th 2012, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (added more comment))
Back to top Go down
Snapps
Little Sister
Snapps

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 11:02 pm

HAHAHA I just reread that...."My name here is Janet..." implying that in OTHER places, I have a DIFFERENT name....hahaha

That didn't come out right at all!
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 12:58 am

HAHAHAHA good one Janet, I did film in high school when i was 16 with a Canon EOS 300N camera, it was a awesome experience. The school had a darkroom and everything and yes i too had trouble loading film into the "bucket", the camera i had was a auto loading camera. Mum and dad spent 1k on it. After though film started to get way too expensive and i missed having a SLR so i went and got my current Canon EOS 1000D camera.

I also have a Powershot SX130IS and A620. That picture was shot with the SX. My EOS is currently having memory card problems so i have to get a new card when i have the $$$.

---

I start uni next thursday and before that i was using PS7 for like 6 years so we could both teach each other a thing or two.

<3 selected color when used right, i saw one in a wedding photo where everyone was in black and white but 1 BRIDES MAID was in color.
.... brides maid? seriously?
Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

Number of posts : 4979

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 1:44 am

KZ wrote:

Oh my gosh Kelly, he is so adorable. Just love his precious lil face Smile
Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 1:47 am

Evinta wrote:
I've done two. Taken in color, converted in PSCS4.

One is a black and white with color focal point
Not much activity here.... - Page 2 2i6ymb6
Black and white.
Not much activity here.... - Page 2 2q3zw4z

Thats Spork btw, my flatmates 17 year old cat!

Spork is too pretty for words Smile I wanna cuddle him.
Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 1:47 am

Snapps wrote:
HAHAHA I just reread that...."My name here is Janet..." implying that in OTHER places, I have a DIFFERENT name....hahaha

That didn't come out right at all!

Well I think you are mostly just called Mom.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 1:50 am

Yeah hes so cute, the other day we had a meowing discussion, i meowed then he did then i did etca. So cute!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 1:50 pm

Thanks Jackie. He's super cute and mostly obedient (except around other dogs Rolling Eyes then I don't even exist!) He breaks hearts wherever he goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 9:58 pm

Here's a photo I took on my cell phone of my youngest. I can take photos in b&w on my phone but on my DSLR, I can take them in color & then the camera converts it to b&w. I have more in the gallery. the one from my DSLR is Zach asleep in the chair.

Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Zachflowers
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Snapps
Little Sister
Snapps

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 11:52 pm

spuccini wrote:
Here's a photo I took on my cell phone of my youngest. I can take photos in b&w on my phone but on my DSLR, I can take them in color & then the camera converts it to b&w. I have more in the gallery. the one from my DSLR is Zach asleep in the chair.

Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Zachflowers

Oh Stephanie! What a cutie!! I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not much activity here....   Not much activity here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not much activity here....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2