Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

camera

Go down 
+9
Sonya
Lindy
Jackie P
spuccini
Gail D
Helen
Colleen
oliebud
Carla
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

camera Empty
PostSubject: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 12:21 am

What kind of camera do you have?

My daughter bought a new one today. It's a Samsung and is a pretty neat little camera -- just a perfect fir for her. She had the same one last year but it broke this past week. She wanted to get another one bfore heading off to camp for the summer.

I have a FUGI FinePix, which I also love :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
oliebud
Always a Sister
oliebud

Number of posts : 1449

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 12:57 am

i have a DSLR pentax that i don't use to it's capacity.
i also have 3 kodak cameras i use alot since they are smaller and easier to toss in my pocket/purse.
Back to top Go down
http://cherylscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 1:11 am

I used to have a small Fugi camera that was so easy to carry around. Took great pics, too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Colleen
Lifetime Sister
Colleen

Number of posts : 11112

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 1:42 am

I have Fuji S1500
Back to top Go down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 2:55 am

i have a Nikon D60, and a little sony for my purse!! I really need to start using it!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 2:59 am

My first one (okay, I had another when I was a teen) is I have a little Canon A530. It's a few years old. It has all the auto stuff to make it easy but I like that it also has some manual settings. I also have a Canon xi Rebel DSLR. I'm still learning with but love finding new things to use. There's a lot to learn but it does also have automatic and pre-sets so it's easy to get started.
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 4:40 pm

I have a Nikon D40. I love it! My sister & I took pics of our kids for my mom's 50th bday last year & the lady made my sister sign one of those waiver forms to ensure they weren't copyrighted photos. That made me feel good :-)
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

Number of posts : 4979

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 5:23 pm

I have the Canon xti Rebel and hate it.. money wasted. I want my cheap little Sony back.
Back to top Go down
Lindy
Lifetime Sister
Lindy

Number of posts : 4985

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2011, 7:06 pm

I have somekind of Olympus digital....it has lots of features but not a real good zoom.
Back to top Go down
http://venividiscrappy.blogspot.com/
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 2:57 am

Jackie P wrote:
I have the Canon xti Rebel and hate it.. money wasted. I want my cheap little Sony back.

Jackie, What is it you don't like about it? Just too much stuff?
Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 6:33 am

I don't like the fact that the auto focus won't work half the time. Canon says that it is because I am trying to shoot things that doesn't have enough contrast.. well blast them, I never once had that problem with my cheap lil Sony. I even showed how it won't work to the guy in the repair shop and he thinks there is something wrong with it but I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars to get it fixed, I spent too much to buy the darn thing in the first place. I have had it over two years so there's no warranty left on it.
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 6:52 am

That's a bummer Jackie. I'd be not liking it too.
Back to top Go down
Sonya
A Sister, A Friend
Sonya

Number of posts : 593

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 7:06 am

The entire summer? Holy smokes Carla. Bet you can't wait til she comes back with some pics. Nice she has the new camera!
Back to top Go down
Sonya
A Sister, A Friend
Sonya

Number of posts : 593

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 7:09 am

Jackie P wrote:
I don't like the fact that the auto focus won't work half the time. Canon says that it is because I am trying to shoot things that doesn't have enough contrast.. well blast them, I never once had that problem with my cheap lil Sony. I even showed how it won't work to the guy in the repair shop and he thinks there is something wrong with it but I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars to get it fixed, I spent too much to buy the darn thing in the first place. I have had it over two years so there's no warranty left on it.

How many focus modes are on it? Couldn't the guy at the repair shop tell you exactly what was wrong with it?
Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 9:14 am

It has auto focus and manual focus. No he couldn't tell without getting into the camera. At first he thought it might be the lens but I ruled that out for him since it happens with all three of my lenses.He thinks it might be the "thingy" inside that does the refraction or whatever it is called.. he says it may be damaged in some way or may just be smudged but he can't tell without going in and to go in will cost me big bucks.

Sonya wrote:

How many focus modes are on it? Couldn't the guy at the repair shop tell you exactly what was wrong with it?
Back to top Go down
littlekiwi
A Sister, A Friend
littlekiwi

Number of posts : 944

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 12:05 pm

I have a Canon Powershot Pro1 - cross between a point & shoot and a SLR
Back to top Go down
http://www.creationsbylittlekiwi.blogspot.com
onlycarol1
Always a Sister
onlycarol1

Number of posts : 2441

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 2:17 pm

I want a Nikon D60 - bad, but the reality is that I would only use it on auto because I'm clueless as to what else to do with it. I have a Kodak that has a 10x optical zoon that is a point and shoot - but it's bulky. It also has alot of other features, but I never use any of them.

Jackie - that sucks cuz those are expensive cameras and to have to put money into repairing it is just nuts!

Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

Number of posts : 3093

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 4:02 pm

That is too bad Jackie as I have the same camera and love it.

One of the features that I recently have started using is the white balance function. If you have this camera find this feature, it makes all the difference in the world. You will need to put your camera on something besides the fully auto function to find it. I use the P function quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 7:12 pm

One of the features I use a lot is the Auto Exposure Bracketing.. especially when taking pictures in areas that have a lot of shade. You need to set your camera on the M mode to to find that one on your menu.
Back to top Go down
scrappywmk
Lifetime Sister
scrappywmk

Number of posts : 3970

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2011, 8:51 pm

My main camera is a Fuji S1000 and I really love it. I need to play around with the manual features more though. I recently gave youngest DS my Kodak point and shoot and bought another one for myself (Kodak M580). I prefer the one I gave DS as it is easier to change modes but I guess that's why I gave it to him...lol.

I really want an SLR but I won't let myself get one until I know the manual modes on the one I have now. I do have a Canon film SLR but it hasn't worked for a couple of years Sad Saves me money on film and processing though...lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wanitasblogspot.blogspot.com
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 4:04 am

Maggi, I need to take some time to use the P function well and Jackie, the same goes for the Auto Exposure bracketing. I could have used that last weekend but was too lazy to figure it out. Maybe when I go camping I'll spend some time with those. I use the Av setting a lot because I can choose my focal length and then it adjusts the rest. I was using the M function a lot but since I started using Av, I just use it when I don't get the results I want there. I think I said my camera was a Canon Rebel xi but that should have be xs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: camera   camera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

camera
Page 1 of 1