Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Annoying Problem ...

Go down 
+8
GinniG
Gail D
Jo
Jackie P
Alimom4
Carla
Helen
onlycarol1
12 posters
AuthorMessage
onlycarol1
Always a Sister
onlycarol1

Number of posts : 2441

Annoying Problem ... Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 2:18 pm

When I come here (sometimes, not always) and I click on a topic, I get an ad. What's frustrating is that there is no way to click out of the ad. No way to close it. No Xs to click on. Cannot right click and hit delete. Just annoying. Took me 8 tries this morning to get to the Scrapbook board to ask a question. I finally just opened another page (from my browser) right over the ad. That was the only thing that worked and brought me to the board to start a new topic. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 3:36 pm

Hmmm... I have never had that problem before. I am not sure... hep ... anyone???
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
onlycarol1
Always a Sister
onlycarol1

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 4:11 pm

And what's even more curious, Helen, is that after I posted my question, and posted this thread ... as I was closing out of here, I looked for the ad (as minimized, and it was gone) ... just weird.
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 5:46 pm

Do you have your pop ups blocked? Is it a virus or such? Not sure... hopefully someone else with computer experience can help!! That is weird. Anyone else having problems?
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
onlycarol1
Always a Sister
onlycarol1

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 6:41 pm

I am completely locked down on pop ups ... just weird.
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 7:22 pm

I'm not sure either. Sometimes I do get a banner ad right on the page here -- don't know how to get rid of those.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

Number of posts : 8440

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 7:42 pm

I am so sorry Carol, can't help you! Hope someone has the solut'n!!
Back to top Go down
http://loveisthereason.ctmh.com
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

Number of posts : 4979

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 7:50 pm

I have never had that problem, sorry can't help you with it.
Back to top Go down
Jo
Big Sister
Jo

Number of posts : 436

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 7:53 pm

sometimes i get a banner ad up at the top of the page, but it is never in the way of anything ....
Back to top Go down
onlycarol1
Always a Sister
onlycarol1

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 9:03 pm

I ALWAYS have the banner ad ... it never goes away! But this is much more than that ... today it was some stupid ad for a video game ...
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 1:00 am

I always have banner adds these days but haven't experienced what you describe Carol. Sorry no help.
Back to top Go down
GinniG
Always a Sister
GinniG

Number of posts : 1332

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 4:12 am

I have found that using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer is MUCH better for stuff like this! And with it you can download Adblock Plus too. It works even on my free Pandora account!!!!! Be sure to go into your tools and also your Control Panel/Internet Options and block ads... Oh and you want to clear your temp files too. If you don't know how to do this on a PC let me know and I'll post instructions. I do it every nite before I shut things down and I have MUCH better speed and a LOT less trouble! Hope this helps Carol!!! Hope you figure it out soon too!
Back to top Go down
onlycarol1
Always a Sister
onlycarol1

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 4:25 am

Thanks, Ginni - I do have a pop-up blocker and it's pretty tight. I'll try deleting cookies too.
Back to top Go down
scrappywmk
Lifetime Sister
scrappywmk

Number of posts : 3970

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 8:04 am

I've never had that problem but when I first come to the site, I have to refresh the page before I can get anything to open Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wanitasblogspot.blogspot.com
Susan C.
ADMIN SISTER
Susan C.

Number of posts : 1808

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 3:45 am

I see an ad in the banner but never popping up. Strange....
Back to top Go down
http://www.scrapndoodle.blogspot.com
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 10:59 am

Yeah i have FF 4 beta and i don't have this problem. i found that when i use IE this happens to me.

Back to top Go down
Jackie P
Lifetime Sister
Jackie P

Number of posts : 4979

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 8:00 pm

I use Firefox and I don't even get a banner.
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2011, 1:26 am

I get those too... pretty annoying that's for sure... funny how they just start up sometimes and then don't do that... then something changes and they go again.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Problem ...   Annoying Problem ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annoying Problem ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sisterhood Of Scrap :: SISTERHOOD OF SCRAP! :: Site Questions-
Jump to: