Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Post your PBA covers here!!

Go down 
+7
Evinta
Helen
katesmum
lynner22
mia
EmuUpAGumTree
maggi43
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

Number of posts : 3093

Post your PBA covers here!! Empty
PostSubject: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 3:17 am

I know alot of you haven't rec'd your PBA's yet so of course you havne't started on them But a couple of you have them and a few of you are making your own so how's it going???

Here's my cover -

Post your PBA covers here!! Vintagedogcover

Used 7 gypsies pp, covered the entire page with Ranger Crackle accents to protect and to give it a real vintage look. After the crackle dries, take distress ink and rub into the cracks for a more aged look. I just love this particular image, I'll probably use it over and over LOL!!

So let us see what you've done so far!! Anybody need help, don't know if I can, but sure will try!!
Back to top Go down
EmuUpAGumTree
Lifetime Sister
EmuUpAGumTree

Number of posts : 4379

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 3:26 am

Gorgeous Page Maggi, now I need me some 'crackle accents' that looks fab!!

All I've done is cut-out my Tags and got together some Lace and vintage buttons to work with, still waiting for my paper delivery and PBA and I can get going...

Heres my cards layed out, that I am going to use for the victorian/vintage album: anymore ideas/suggestions would be more than welcome!

Post your PBA covers here!! 100_4313
Back to top Go down
http://emuupagumtree.blogspot.com/
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 3:40 am

Lovely collection AM!! Where did you get those? I want some!! LOL!!

I love the Crackle Accents or Distress crackle paint in clear rock candy does the same thing. I don't know why, but I jsut have this passion for the cracked look. Does that say something about me????????????????

Oh, and I have also printed up a bunch of quotes about dogs to put in the album. I will include a picture of my poodles with this quote from Rita Rudner, "I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult?" I just love that!!

HOpe your PBA gets there soon. It did go air mail!!
Back to top Go down
EmuUpAGumTree
Lifetime Sister
EmuUpAGumTree

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 3:50 am

I got them on ebay Maggi.

OH thanks Maggi, I found tim holtz clear crackle paint... your leading me astray LOL!

I'm trying to think of quotes for these ladies... Maybe I should look up a victorian etiquette guide or something, lol.

Great brainstorming with ya, yours arounds rockin' already, can't wait to see!
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:05 am

Hmmm-interesting thought, where to find quotes that would go with a vintage theme. Are you going to put real photos in your album or are you just going to make it a vintage art piece?
Back to top Go down
EmuUpAGumTree
Lifetime Sister
EmuUpAGumTree

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:28 am

Just an art peice, the image used will be the ones posted above, the victorian ladies just embellished etc... I found this site:

http://logicmgmt.com/1876/etiquette/basicrules.htm

Has rules form the victorian era on etiquette etc, (very posh! heehee) Might be good to print out and distress up.
Back to top Go down
mia
Lifetime Sister
mia

Number of posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:33 am

looks great maggi!!!!

annmaree, i'm very curious to see what you do!

mine won't be vintage, i absolutely LOVE vintage but i suck at it and don't have good pics either so i'm just going to stick with what i know and it's going to be pics i've had for years of our first house....and i've saved a recent kit i got from art freckles that is just perfect with the pics Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.makepositivechanges.blogspot.com
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:35 am

AM, if you want any other vintage images there are free ones availalbe on the web. Just do a search on vintage images and you should get some hits. There are some for purchase too but you can find free ones.
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:37 am

Oh can't wait to see what you do with that Mia. You know I so struggled with my mini on my house. That will be way fun to see!!
Back to top Go down
lynner22
Always a Sister
lynner22

Number of posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 4:46 am

Can't wait to see everyone's finished albums! I'm still waiting on mine, but have started getting some of my pics together....and of course....lol....I'm going vintage.

I actually was second guessing myself with that decision today...after I got a critique from a DT I just applied for. I won't mention the site, but I was very disappointed....they had a four week run of challenges and kept saying over and over again that they really wanted to see our "style", so of course 3 of my 4 challenges, I did vintage...but basically she told me that I needed to change it up, get current I belive is how she put it. At first I thought, hmmmm maybe she's right, but then I thought, no....vintage is what I love to do....I'm not like everyone else, and I don't really care for bright flashy bold, I love the tattered aged look....so I figure...thats me, take me or leave me!!
Back to top Go down
mia
Lifetime Sister
mia

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 5:19 am

get current?? wtf does that mean??? there are many scrappy styles and they are all current, they are just whatever we prefer to do to suit our style/taste!!! what a stupid thing to say!!!

grrr!!!

lynn, i love your style, i love vintage and i think you are a very talented scrapper! i can not scrap vintage at all and am so amazed by those who can!

chin up girl, their loss!
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 5:43 am

OHMY!! I think she is the one that needs to get current!! heavens, vintage, distressed, shabby, is so current right now. Yikes, wonder what she was looking for? Yep, Mia is right, their loss.
Back to top Go down
lynner22
Always a Sister
lynner22

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 5:56 am

Thanks girls! I have to remember not to let people make me feel bad....this is my own style, and I believe its a form of art, and who can determine what is "good enough"... Thanks for the support!!
Back to top Go down
EmuUpAGumTree
Lifetime Sister
EmuUpAGumTree

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 6:48 am

lynner22 wrote:
Can't wait to see everyone's finished albums! I'm still waiting on mine, but have started getting some of my pics together....and of course....lol....I'm going vintage.

I actually was second guessing myself with that decision today...after I got a critique from a DT I just applied for. I won't mention the site, but I was very disappointed....they had a four week run of challenges and kept saying over and over again that they really wanted to see our "style", so of course 3 of my 4 challenges, I did vintage...but basically she told me that I needed to change it up, get current I belive is how she put it. At first I thought, hmmmm maybe she's right, but then I thought, no....vintage is what I love to do....I'm not like everyone else, and I don't really care for bright flashy bold, I love the tattered aged look....so I figure...thats me, take me or leave me!!

I can't get over that, thats horrible!

Your style is wonderful! and we all have our own style and what we love, Good thing you didn't get on that DT team, sounds miserable if everyone has to have this person style and that only, how boring! lol.
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 7:33 am

By get current... she means buy, buy, buy all new stuff... there must be a store attached! I love your style and wow.. I am loving what I'm seeing on this thread!! I haven't been able to get started yet.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 2:10 pm

I agree with Loi8s.... You rock Lynn and don't let anyone like that upset you! Their huge loss!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 3:35 am

Although I have not rec'd my album yet (thanks to Canada Post..) I have started on some ideas.

I thought I would do a vintagy one of me as a young person. I have never done vintage before, so this is a challenge.

Post your PBA covers here!! Mess1

Here is the mess I have made starting this!

Post your PBA covers here!! Mess
Back to top Go down
mia
Lifetime Sister
mia

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 4:24 am

looks great helen....lovin' the mess too Wink
Back to top Go down
maggi43
Lifetime Sister
maggi43

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 4:26 am

That looks great Helen!! We are using the same pp so I know I'll love everything you do!!
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 4:41 am

Helen, i don't believe in messes, i believe in creative mess! i love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EmuUpAGumTree
Lifetime Sister
EmuUpAGumTree

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 4:55 am

Looks fab Helen!

and thats hardly a mess! its creative sweat... lol
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 5:57 am

Very nice Helen!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 6:01 am

lynner22 wrote:

Personally, if i were to have a DT i would pick you over anyone else!

Don't let that get you down, not at all. Theres no such thing as a current style!
Back to top Go down
lynner22
Always a Sister
lynner22

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 6:27 am

I love your creative mess Helen....you should see my scrappy table....well I mean tables....lol....I'm a terribly messy person while scrapping! Your album is going to rock!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 5:08 pm

Thanks gals! I am so excited about this challenge!

Can hardly wait to see what everyone else is doing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your PBA covers here!!   Post your PBA covers here!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your PBA covers here!!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sisterhood Of Scrap :: SCRAPPY CHAT :: Tutorials and Techniques-
Jump to: