Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

BIG Decision....

Go down 
+19
kelpy45
PatiO
toyk
pammypapers
katesmum
lirose
tealover
kimberly_m
Colleen
littlekiwi
spuccini
Helen
ScrapHappyMarie
Evinta
Scrappin Sabian
Pam
After8
Lisa L.
Carla
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 5:42 pm

No easy way to say this, so I'll just go ahead and say it....... as of end of June, we will be shutting down the Sisterhood forum. It's been a decision that has been months in the making. We started here with me and two of my sisters. Over the years, the 2 sisters left and Helen graciously stepped in and helped out tremendously. Now, we are both feeling that it is time. For me, personally, my heart is not in it as much, so I feel I am letting the members down. I am in a different "place" in my scrapping, and I feel I have no mojo, so to speak. It may come again, who knows, but for now I feel okay with our decision.

I will definitely miss the camaraderie and the friendliness here. I love how such a diverse group of ladies can "meet" each morning, and how we can encourage and uplift each other. When we started with our blog in April 2007, and then switched to this forum, our vision was to "stay true to our Sisterhood themes: being kind, uplifting, encouraging, help you 'soar to new heights' in this craft and support you in the ups and downs of life, and giving our 'scrapping sisters' a chance to shine. In turn, we hope you will continue to inspire us, and share your memories with us.". I think we've accomplished that! It's been awesome!

To the DT members we've had over the past few years, THANKS SO MUCH! Your help has been greatly appreciated. To the "sisters" we've been blessed to get to know, it's been wonderful! I really hope we can find ways to stay connected. To Helen, who's been my right-hand gal (and a lifesaver at times!), I can't thank you enough Smile

It's been a great run -- six years!. Some days I never dreamed we go that long; then others, I wish we could continue for another six......
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 5:45 pm

Oh Carla this is such sad news. I totally understand but still it makes me so sad. Maybe we could have a facebook page or something to continue to share our work and keep in touch?

Also, thank you for the last couple of years; I so enjoyed being here.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 8:19 pm

Crying or Very sad I won't pretend to not be disappointed. This has been the best scrapbooking forum I've ever been part of - but I also believe there is a time and a season for everything. I understand your decision. Best wishes to you, Carla, Helen and all you wonderful scrappy ladies. I will miss you all. I am not on facebook so won't be able to keep in touch that way. Maybe we'll run into each other on another forum down the road. I love you
Back to top Go down
Pam
Big Sister
Pam

Number of posts : 317

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 8:48 pm

This is sad news but I understand. For the short time I have been a sister, I have really enjoyed being a member. Best wishes to everyone. I like the idea of a Facebook group to keep in touch.
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

Number of posts : 842

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 10:31 pm

Dear Carla and Helen. It is with heartfelt sadness that I say til we meet again ;(. I have been here such a short time but look forward to daily catch ups with everyone.

Is it difficult to start a forum? Is there a way to somehow continue? Lisa I think a Facebook group would be awesome. I really don't want to lose contact!
Back to top Go down
Http://www.scrapshackanyone.blogspot.com
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

Number of posts : 2355

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:01 pm

Hey Carla and Helen would you be against me starting a new forum for us? I can keep things the same as it is but take over the running/costs to help give you guys a break and of course you two would get a say in things Wink

I just love this place thats all..
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:06 pm

Oh Carla....You have no idea how much this saddens me. I know I haven't been here that long but I want to THANK YOU for giving me such an awesome, all inspiring, safe place with wonderful ladies who uplift and encourage me in so many ways. I can't even begin to think of life without this forum.
I hate to be the selfish one and ask it, but.....is there anyway we could change your mind? Like can some of us step up and take over for a while so you can take it back when you want to? Even if you decided to take a long break and then decided you would like to come back.
Does it cost to have the forum? I know some of us would pitch it and cover that cost even. I know myself and others would love to do some of the planning and even DT stuff......see I'm desperate to keep this forum!

I'm so sorry.....I just can't imagine my life without these amazing ladies....and yes that includes you Carla and Helen! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:08 pm

Evinta wrote:
Hey Carla and Helen would you be against me starting a new forum for us? I can keep things the same as it is but take over the running/costs to help give you guys a break and of course you two would get a say in things Wink

Great minds think alike! I'll do whatever I have to do to help as well.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:17 pm

ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
Evinta wrote:

Awesome Very Happy

But i want to do it only if Helen and Carla are all goods about it Smile
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:18 pm

Evinta wrote:
ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
Evinta wrote:

Awesome Very Happy

But i want to do it only if Helen and Carla are all goods about it Smile
absolutely agreed!
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:26 pm

Evinta wrote:

Does it cost money? Oh my word I had no idea.
Back to top Go down
Scrappin Sabian
A Sister, A Friend
Scrappin Sabian

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:27 pm

Yep that would be the only way. No toes being squished or otherwise mangled! I am game to help do some things too
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:49 pm

I would like us to start a new one btw because i know of a another forum software that gives us more and its faster server wise.

Smile plus i know it. lol
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2013, 11:50 pm

Scrappin Sabian wrote:
Evinta wrote:

Does it cost money? Oh my word I had no idea.
]

Domains, hosting and ad removal. Domains should be once a year and ad removal is im not sure.

Like i said i have no problem helping with the cost, im sure there is a way.
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:00 am

I first of all want to thanks Carla for allowing me to help her here for the past 5 years! I can't believe it has been this long.... Times does fly. I really love you like a true sister Carla... Thanks....

I also feel so close to most of you, and I will miss the daily banter on the sisterhood. I know for myself.. i Have burnt my bridges so to speak, and just need a time out.. If you know what I mean.

I honestly don't see a problem with you all starting a new forum... I think that would be amazing. I do know that Carla will put her baby to rest.. And may join you in another space. I will be taking a break for the summer for sure to get back on track and figure out where I am with my creative side.. If you know what I mean. But if you do start a new forum.. Make sure to let us know where and what.

As for the cost.. Carla will have to answer this one. I don't know. I do know it does get costly with raks and postage and such... Just not sure how much it costs for here.

Saying that... W still have the rest of the month.. So I better see you all doing some of the challenges that our amazing DT have come up with.

And speaking of which.. I want to say a HUGE thanks to Kelly, Linda, and Stephanie for the amazing work that they have done over the last year... They went over and above what was expected of them.. ((Hugs)) to you all!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:02 am

Helen wrote:
But if you do start a new forum.. Make sure to let us know where and what.

Of course! i would keep a thread letting all the sisters know Smile
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:06 am

Bryar, what about proboards? I am on there with a digital designer. She uses it for her DT and it's free.
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:11 am

I was thinking of zetaboards, i have less experience with proboards and i never liked it. ZB is free as well (already registerd the forum) and more customizable.

They are free but they have adverts. We would need to pay X amount each month for removal.
edit: its $0.18 per 1000 page views for advert removal.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:22 am

Bryar - you are giving me hope! You can count on me to help out if you do decide to pursue the idea of starting a new forum for us.
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:25 am

Aww thanks Jessica, i already started but before i show you guys it i want Carla to be all goods about it Smile
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:28 am

[ I do know it does get costly with raks and postage and such... Just not sure how much it costs for here.

[/quote]

I was always in awe at how much each lady was spending to reward us with RAKs - not just on the postage but on the items as well. I realized I'd never be able to be on the design team for that reason alone! I am thankful for every RAK I received - LOL.... you ladies were so generous I think I can go until winter on just what I received from you all in the mail! Laughing Not one cent was taken for granted or was unappreciated. A HUGE THANK YOU to each of you!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:29 am

Yes, Bryar - I can see that you'd need her approval if it mimics this one.... I hope it does. One thing I LOVED about this site is the easy navigation!
Back to top Go down
Evinta
Always a Sister
Evinta

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:34 am

Im taking all that is good and using it. I want it to feel like home.

edit: its more like i want to continue the tradition of the sisterhood. I would like us to continue using the domain and the name. remembering the past yet going forward into the future.

Edit: Kerri has suggested a name change, like Sisters Reunited.

Last edited by Evinta on June 10th 2013, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littlekiwi
A Sister, A Friend
littlekiwi

Number of posts : 944

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:43 am

Big plans, Bryar! I like it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.creationsbylittlekiwi.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2013, 12:52 am

Carla, what will happen to our Gallery? Just curious...
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

BIG Decision.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Decision....   BIG Decision.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG Decision....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next