Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

June 16th - FATHER'S DAY

Go down 
+3
Helen
spuccini
Carla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Empty
PostSubject: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 12:08 am

June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Father_s-day-pictures

"In Canada, Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June and is not a public holiday. Father's Day typically involves spending time with one's father or the father figures in one's life. Small celebrations and the giving of gifts may be part of the festivities organized for Father's Day."

Here are some great quotes you can use on scrap layouts or even cards:

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter

Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad. -- Anne Geddes

A wise son maketh a glad father. -- Proverbs 10:1

Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. -- Ruth E. Renkel

Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 2:16 am

What did you do today for Father's Day?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 7:11 am

We just celebrated at my parents' house.  The kids swam even though the water was a chilly 75 degrees.  Brrr!

I like the quotes Carla, our pastor used some of them in his sermon today.  One he used that I thought was cute was "when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, 'Daddy, I need to ask you something,' he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan." by Garrison Keillor
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 1:44 pm

Great quotes Carla. And love that one your pastor told you Stephanie. We didn't do to much.. Bar b q and relaxed.
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 2:41 pm

I let dh do whatever he wanted to do! It was pouring rain so he worked in the garage on the trusses for his new shed. He also had a nap and called our boys (he said a quick HFD and I got them for an extended chat! Laughing) and his dad. That was about it!

Love the quotes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
PatiO
Always a Sister
PatiO

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 6:05 am

We had supper at our house with our 3 DDs and 2 of the SILs-#3 was working and all 6 of the grandkids! A full house with much noise but at least Dh was happy! We did get to church in the am too where all the DADs got a blessing!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 6:07 am

I took DH out to supper and he had telephone calls from DS and DD.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 6:34 pm

We had the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy so we were there for the day.  However I bought Chinese food for super from Jason's favorite place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 16th - FATHER'S DAY   June 16th - FATHER'S DAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 16th - FATHER'S DAY
Page 1 of 1