Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge

Go down 
+7
Kelly
kimberly_m
After8
lirose
Carla
ScrapHappyMarie
spuccini
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Empty
PostSubject: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 5:18 am

I made some cookies today for a youth group event at our church. I decided on a fairly easy recipe to help it go quicker Smile I made my family's favorite "Quick Mix Chocolate cookies." They are very easy to make because it uses a Devil's Food cake mix. So for your challenge, I want you include something that is pre-made. A tag, a journaling square, a flower, bling strip, are just some examples.

My LO is digital but the premade that I used is the frame. A lot of designers have their creative teams make freebies that coordinate with their kit for download. I used a cluster kit & it included the frame that already had the flowers on the corner.

"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Cousinsweb

Bonus item is something that flies (to make that baking time go quicker!)

You have until Saturday, January 26th at midnight to complete this challenge.
You will receive 100 CALORIES for completing and posting your project in this thread.
You will receive 50 extra CALORIES if you use the bonus item!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 5:43 am

I think I know just what I'm gonna do for this LO. I just bought some awesome pre-made bling tonight at Micheals for a buck! Did you know they would have a big sale today? LOL
Great challenge and awesome LO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 5:46 am

Very nice page, Stephanie. Love the pre-made frame!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 6:32 am

Thanks Carla!

I didn't know Marie! The closest Michael's is like an hour from me. LOL!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:13 pm

Great challenge, Stephanie --- love your LO, especially the curly ribbon!!!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:23 pm

I'm all over this one, pre-made is my style!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:26 pm

spuccini wrote:
Thanks Carla!

I didn't know Marie! The closest Michael's is like an hour from me. LOL!
wow that would suck. Mine is like 10 minutes with good traffic. I don't shop there often but if the have coupons or I get a phone call from a friend(Tams) that they have some awesome stuff on clearance....I'm off like a fox to get the deals. LOL
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:29 pm

I'm 45 minutes from one... probably a good thing. Laughing Wish the roads were good though. A sale, eh? I have a gc DH gave me for Christmas that I'm itching to use.
Back to top Go down
kimberly_m
A Sister, A Friend
kimberly_m

Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:34 pm

Great challenge!! I have some pre made things that need to be used!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:38 pm

After8 wrote:
I'm 45 minutes from one... probably a good thing. Laughing Wish the roads were good though. A sale, eh? I have a gc DH gave me for Christmas that I'm itching to use.
Jessica they have a BUNCH of embellishments on sale for a buck and some for 79 cents!!!! Run there girl. LOL
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:46 pm

here is a pic of my new stash! Oh and yes that is a mountain!
"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge New_st10

Last edited by ScrapHappyMarie on January 19th 2013, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:48 pm

here is my LO for this challenge. I also have the butterfly for the bonus. Thanks for an awesome challenge that fit right into yesterdays scrappy shopping.
"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Lo10
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 4:54 pm

Nice blocking! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 5:08 pm

That's awesome Marie! How did you do the blocking? It looks like it's underneath the black paper.

And, yes, it stinks that Michaels isn't close but like Jessica said, it's probably a good thing. LOL! I have an LSS that's probably 10 min. away but I don't go there often.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 5:10 pm

spuccini wrote:
That's awesome Marie! How did you do the blocking? It looks like it's underneath the black paper.

And, yes, it stinks that Michaels isn't close but like Jessica said, it's probably a good thing. LOL! I have an LSS that's probably 10 min. away but I don't go there often.
I just cut my pattern paper then use it to guide for the white matting paper....I really like how it looks. Is that what you are asking? as for the blocking I just move all matted pieces around until it looks good and then stick it down.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 5:53 pm

I may have time to give this a whirl!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 9:40 pm

ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
spuccini wrote:

I just cut my pattern paper then use it to guide for the white matting paper....I really like how it looks. Is that what you are asking? as for the blocking I just move all matted pieces around until it looks good and then stick it down.

Ohhh, I see now. I had to look closer. The inking on the edges of the paper made it look like it was underneath the black & white paper. Got it now Smile
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 10:01 pm

THat looks great, Marie! Lovely photo, too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 1:20 am

spuccini wrote:
ScrapHappyMarie wrote:
spuccini wrote:

Ohhh, I see now. I had to look closer. The inking on the edges of the paper made it look like it was underneath the black & white paper. Got it now Smile
Oh hahaha now I know what you meant.....you will barely ever see me do a LO or anything scrappy without ink! I love ink!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 1:51 am

[quote="spuccini"]
"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Cousinsweb

LOVE it Stephanie!!!! I have never tried digital before.. maybe you could give me some pointers!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 1:52 am

Awesome layout marie.. and WHAT A HAUL!!! You did great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 1:56 am

Helen wrote:
Awesome layout marie.. and WHAT A HAUL!!! You did great!!!!!
Thanks Helen....I shamefully must admit....I went back today and bought more!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 1:57 am

Thanks Helen! Once you get into it, it really is pretty easy. Here's a link to some tutorials:
http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/tutorials/software_tutorials.asp
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 2:03 am

Thanks Stephanie.. I will check these out while you are scrapping!
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 4:17 am

spuccini wrote:
Thanks Helen! Once you get into it, it really is pretty easy. Here's a link to some tutorials:
http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/tutorials/software_tutorials.asp
This is cool! I've always wondered how people do it. I suck at being able to tell the difference but Tams can pick out a digi in seconds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge   "Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Sweet Treats" Quick Mix Challenge
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next