Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

October 3 - Happiness

Go down 
+6
Gail D
Kelly
lirose
Alimom4
Carla
Helen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

October 3 - Happiness Empty
PostSubject: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 1:46 pm

What does happiness mean to you?
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 8:37 pm

Not sure right now -- lately, happiness has been hard to find. I get tired of all the struggles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

Number of posts : 8440

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 11:34 pm

Carla wrote:
Not sure right now -- lately, happiness has been hard to find. I get tired of all the struggles.

Aww honey. (((((HUGZ)))))
Here for you. Always willing to listen. xox
Back to top Go down
http://loveisthereason.ctmh.com
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 12:08 am

{{HUGS}} Carla.......
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 12:27 am

Helen wrote:
{{HUGS}} Carla.......

Ditto, Carla!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 12:41 am

Oh {{Carla}}... let me sit beside you wordlessly, my friend..
Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 12:43 am

Happiness is dependent upon my circumstances. Lately I've been happy to be productive instead of feeling like sludge.

Joy is an attitude. I try to have an attitude of joy whether I'm being productive or being a sludge.

Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 2:42 am

I really like this "Just for Today". The more I work towards doing the things it suggests and adopting the attitudes it talks about, the happier I get. There are still the ups and downs - days when I feel joyous and days when I feel bleh and days when I am just a crabby old lady - but overall, life keeps getting better and better.

Just for today: I will try to live through this day only,
and not tackle all my problems at once.
I can do something for twelve hours that
would appall me if I felt that I had to
keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today: I will be happy. This
assume to be true what Abraham Lincoln said,
*Most folks are as happy as they make up their
minds to be.*

Just for today: I will adjust myself to what is,
and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will
Take my *luck* as it comes, and fit myself into it

Just for today:I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study.
I will not be a mental loafer.
I will read something that requires effort.
Thought and concentration.

Just for today: I will exercise my soul
in three ways: it will do somebody a good turn
and not get found out; if anybody know of it, it
will not count. I will do at least two things I
don't want to do-- just for exercise. I will
not show anyone that my feelings are hurt: they may
be hurt but today I will not show it.

Just for today: I will be agreeable. I will
look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice
low,be courteous,criticize not one bit. I won't find
fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate
anybody else but myself.

Just for today: I will have a program.
I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it.
I will save myself from two pests: Hurry and Indecision's.

Just for today: I will have a quiet half
hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour,
sometime I will try to get a better perspective of
my life.

Just for today: I will be un-afraid.
Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what
is beautiful,and to believe that as I give to the
world, so the world will give back to me.
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 2:43 am

Hugs to you Carla.
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 12:48 pm

That is just beuatiful Gail.... I have printed it off an it is something I will read often! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 2:29 pm

That is lovely, Gail.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 3:30 pm

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be"... so true! On my computer I have a background painting of a husband and wife snuggled in a broken bed with a single patched up quilt over them and their six little children. Five people at one end of the bed and three tucked in at the bottom. Feet poke out here and there. There is an old newspaper that serves as a blind over the window, the roof is leaking over top of the head of the bed and the dad holds a broken umbrella to keep them from getting wet. They are all smiling. I added this quote to it....

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have."

This morning I went back to my room to dress and in the middle of my queen size bed, a little body is sleeping deeply (Thane). I crawled in next to him and curled up so close I could lay my cheek on his little bald head. I soaked up that baby smell and felt the comfort of his warm body and thought to myself... this is happiness. I love you
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 3:40 pm

Jessica, that is precious.

Awesome Poem, Gail I am going to print it off, too. TFS
Back to top Go down
Alimom4
Lifetime Sister
Alimom4

Number of posts : 8440

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 4:40 pm

After8 wrote:
"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be"... so true! On my computer I have a background painting of a husband and wife snuggled in a broken bed with a single patched up quilt over them and their six little children. Five people at one end of the bed and three tucked in at the bottom. Feet poke out here and there. There is an old newspaper that serves as a blind over the window, the roof is leaking over top of the head of the bed and the dad holds a broken umbrella to keep them from getting wet. They are all smiling. I added this quote to it....

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have."

This morning I went back to my room to dress and in the middle of my queen size bed, a little body is sleeping deeply (Thane). I crawled in next to him and curled up so close I could lay my cheek on his little bald head. I soaked up that baby smell and felt the comfort of his warm body and thought to myself... this is happiness. I love you

I soooo get you. xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
http://loveisthereason.ctmh.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 5:30 pm

After8 wrote:

I completely understand. I love you
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 7:45 pm

What a great poem, Gail. I should print this off!

Thanks, ladies!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 3:24 am

After8 wrote:

How beautiful to have that moment Jessica. That sounds like a perfect life inspiration picture.

When I first started using "Just for Today", I was thoroughly annoyed by "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be". I'd grumble to myself, they wouldn't say that if they saw my life and what I have to live through. It has over time, come to be my favorite part because it reminds me of my choice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 3:25 am

You're welcome ladies.
Back to top Go down
ScrapHappyMarie
Lifetime Sister
ScrapHappyMarie

Number of posts : 2553

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2012, 6:16 pm

Its so easy to get cought up in our everyday little part of the world we call our lives but I ofter have to remind myself that although I may think life today is hard......someone else today has it even harder. Hugz and smiles coming your way because a smile is the most contagous thing in the world! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2012, 6:36 pm

Carla - I'm here for you too....please pm me if you need someone to lean on. I've needed that quite a bit in the last few years. Hugs.
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2012, 6:38 pm

I think the hardest part for me is being stuck in this house most of the week. I never leave and I have more free time than I would ever wish for. But with all my medical problems, I am too exhausted physically and emotionally to be motivated to take on a lot of things. SO I find myself staring into space or sad sometimes. But I keep trying. That's all you can do.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2012, 6:51 pm

After8 wrote:

Love that, Jessica!
Back to top Go down
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 5:51 am

happiness is just a name on my wall right now.... but I am reading it a lot so mainly getting the happy vibe!! And of course being here is my happy place!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 6:55 am

{{{HUGS}}} Lois.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 3 - Happiness   October 3 - Happiness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October 3 - Happiness
Page 1 of 1