Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Terrific Tuesday July 3rd

Go down 
+2
Carla
spuccini
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Empty
PostSubject: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 2:35 am

These 3 short stories brought tears to my eyes. I hope they lift your spirits too. (MMT = makes me think)

1.Today, my son turned 7 and I turned 23. Yes, I had him on the day I turned 16. The choices I made when I was a teenager were foolish, and sometimes I get worried I’m bringing my son up wrong. But today I took him to the park to celebrate our birthdays. He played for hours with a girl who has burn scars that cover most of her face. When my son took a break to eat, he pointed to her and said, “She’s so pretty and cool!” Which left me thinking, “I must be doing something right as a mom.” MMT

2.Today at 1AM, my grandma, who is suffering from Alzheimer’s, got up, got into my dad’s car and drove off. We contacted the police. But before the police could find her, two college kids pulled into our driveway with my grandma. One was driving my dad’s car and the other was following in their car. They said they overheard her crying about being lost at an empty gas station 10 miles away. My grandma couldn’t remember our address, but gave the kids her first and last name. They looked her up online, found our address, and drove her home. MMT

3.Today, my 8-year-old son hugged me and said, “You are the best mom in the whole entire world!” I smiled and sarcastically replied, “How do you know that? You haven’t met every mom in the whole entire world.” My son squeezed me tighter and said, “Yes I have. You are my world.” MMT

Here's the link to the rest of the stories. I wanted to post them all they are that good! Seriously, go read them & bookmark them for days when you are feeling sad.

Last edited by spuccini on July 4th 2012, 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 2:38 am

Those are great life-stories, Stephanie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 4:05 am

Those are very touching stories.
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 5:13 am

Super Stephanie, very encouraging!
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 1:58 pm

That last one brought a tear to my eye... thanks Stephanie!! I will go check out the rest when I get home from work today!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Colleen
Lifetime Sister
Colleen

Number of posts : 11112

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 2:05 pm

Oh Stephanie those are all so great.
Back to top Go down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrific Tuesday July 3rd   Terrific Tuesday July 3rd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrific Tuesday July 3rd
Page 1 of 1