Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

want to guess

Go down 
+12
katesmum
Helen
kimberly_m
oliebud
scrappywmk
lirose
Carla
Colleen
Lisa L.
spuccini
Kelly
After8
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Colleen
Lifetime Sister
Colleen

Number of posts : 11112

want to guess - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2012, 1:33 am

Any contractions yet???
Back to top Go down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2012, 2:08 pm

KZ wrote:
So, are you ready to have him? Are you having (should say "planing to have") him in hospital or at home?

Yes, I'm ready to have him.... but he's not ready to come! LOL! No real contractions yet. Here in New Brunswick the legislation for midwives has passed, but nothing is in place to actually have one, so this will be another hospital birth. To be honest though... I think I would prefer the hospital anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

Number of posts : 10026

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2012, 2:55 pm

Dil had hers with midwives in the hospital (not that gs really needed the hospital, he was almost born in the car!). It gave her peace of mind that should anything go wrong, she was where the medical help was, but also gave her the gentle and personal experience of a midwife.

So, no contractions hey... how about now?? You have until 5 this afternoon to get him out. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.apparentlymygrammahasablog.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2012, 4:54 pm

KZ wrote:

So, no contractions hey... how about now?? You have until 5 this afternoon to get him out. Wink

LOL! I'm okay with her waiting another day ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2012, 7:32 pm

HOw about now, Jessica??
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2012, 10:59 pm

LOL!!! She can wait until tomorrow.. fine with me!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
Colleen
Lifetime Sister
Colleen

Number of posts : 11112

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 1:34 am

Rats you missed my guess.

How you feeling??
Back to top Go down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 2:27 am

Well Colleen, looks like we're out... (but she hasn't checked in today so who knows? Wink )

Anytime now, Jessica...
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 4:28 am

Jessica, if he starts to come out just cross your legs until Friday okay? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 7:26 am

Oh my, Stephanie! Embarassed

Wonder if tomorrow's the day?!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 3:15 pm

I'm still here! Have a dr. appt. this afternoon... will check in tonight if I get a chance!

Midwives at the hospital... that sounds great! I doubt I'll get the chance to have that though... I'm fortunate to have been able to find out what we're having. I understand we now have to pay $120 if we want to know the gender!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 4:01 pm

Oh, and a heads up... if we go past the 15th.... be ready with a new guess! Date, time and weight!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 11:48 pm

The 14th, is good for Jessica! LOL Have you gotten that energetic rush, yet!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 2:43 am

Any news, Jessica??

Good luck, Linda. Looks like my time has gone.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 1:39 am

I started "nesting" last week. He dropped some then, it's so nice to be able to breathe easier and have my ribs pain free. Ofcourse the pressure is lower now. Monday I was very achy - achy hips and lots of lower pressure. The last two days I've felt really good. Tonight I have lower backache and more lower pressure.

I'm tellin' ya - pregnancy is like scrapbooking - there's no normal and no rules to it! I've kept journals of all my pregnancies and no matter how much I go through them and study them, I can't say when he'll appear until about 12 hours before delivery when I know I'm having regular contractions!
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 1:43 am

If I'm not in labor by tomorrow morning we'll start a new run of guesses! Must be June 16th + and remember to include a time and weight!
Back to top Go down
Gail D
Lifetime Sister
Gail D

Number of posts : 8842

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 3:00 am

So it wasn't weird that I didn't see a pattern by the third birth eh? LOL I know my 3 were each very different. I had comparatively easy labour and delivery. I wouldn't have said that at the time but I know that now.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Design Team "SISTER"
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 3:44 am

What I do find was that my kids grown-up personalities very much mirror their birth experiences... as different as they all were.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 4:02 am

I've noticed that too, Kelly! Our first broke his water before my body was ready and he is still always on the move and wanting to be early rather than late! Our second, upon crowning, actually pulled himself back in my womb... he is the one who loves warmth and softness and his bed. Our third was induced 2 weeks early and after pushing for 3 hours he needed vacuum to get him out, he is still stubborn when he doesn't agree!

I'll leave it there... you see what I mean!
Back to top Go down
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 7:06 am

Ha ha! That's funny that they mirror their births. I'll have to think about mine. I know in the womb Zach was really active and he is always on the move now.

Looks like I might still be in the running.....hoping for a baby tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 8:06 am

Timothy, our second, took his time coming into the world, and he is like that now. He is always the last to get out the door when we're going somewhere, and he is slow and methodical.

Jessica came into the world after 1 hr 19 minutes, start to finish. Water broke at 3am and she was ALMOST born in our bathroom at home. Arrived at 4:19am, before the DR managed to get down the stairs in the hospital. That's her personality today -- "I'm here!"

Benjamin was a tease -- we thought he'd be born on Oct 31, over a week before his due date -- but he arrived right on time, on Nov 9th. I actually was in the hospital for 3 days/nights, expecting him to be born.

With Luke, not sure how his would mirror his personality, other than he was the only one to be born during the day, instead of late night/early morning. That was thoughtful of him :-)
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 4:57 pm

Both of my labors were short. With DS, I woke up at 6 am, thinking I might be in Labor. LOL, everone told me I would know, we decided to go to the hospital at 7 and he was born at 9:12, I was 3 days over, but when I went to bed on Sunday night I was planning on going to teach, the next morning because in those days you got 6 weeks maternity leave and it started the day baby was born. DS likes to get things done up quickly.

DD's labor was 15 minutes, again I was a week late, Dr put in the hosptal to induced but I was partially dilated he decided to break my water , he told the nurse not to leave me, I was sitting knitting, she went to do some paper work, I had the first contraction, decided I should get back in bed and she was born on the 3rd contractions. I rang the bell for the nurse and she came running, I said, "I think I'm having the baby." She pulled up the blanket and said, "No thinking about it." Dr.'s words were, "I told you not to leave her."

For weeks prior to her birth, I was having contractions every night but as soon as I put my feet on the floor, they would stop. The Dr. warned me that i would probably never get to the hospital on time and that was why when I was a week over they decided to induce. DD is my planner and organizer than she just goes and gets it done. Very much like her birth, all the early contractions were the prep for her birth and she got it done quickly.
Back to top Go down
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 5:50 pm

Wow, I almost envy your quick births! I have such a long go of it... never under 15 hours from the time contractions are coming every 10 -20 minutes to the time the baby is born, and the last 8 hours of it takes all my breathing skills and concentration. My second was 42 hours, my 7th was 28 hours. At least the pushing part is down to 5-15 minutes. I say "almost" envy because I'm about an hour from the hospital and I've had some scares... hemorraging with two, shoulder dystocia with the largest and two more that were stuck briefly.

So no contactions yet... better send me more guesses. My contractions have always started at night.
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 6:06 pm

Jessica was super-quick. I was sleeping and didn't even realize I was in labour til I woke when she "dropped" at 3am. I said, above, that my water broke at 3am, but that was wrong. She dropped. I woke and freaked out a bit cause I had never felt that with the first two. Contractions can fast and furious. Devin had to get me to the hospital (it was faster than the hospital calling their driver to come get me). She was crowning when I got there. One push for her head, and another and she was out. No medication, no stitches. It was awesome!

Timothy wasn't quick. I had some leaking about 8am. We drove to the hospital (an hour away) and hung around for a bit 'cause nothing was happening. Went to the mall :-) and out to eat. Finally went to the hospital and they admitted me. Ruptured my membranes around 8:30pm. He wasn't born until just after midnight.

Jessica, Benjamin's shoulder got stuck, too. It was painful! Luckily they were able to get it un-stuck. Sure made for a sore mama for the first 2-3 weeks! For him, I was the third to be admitted early that morning, but was the first to deliver. Under 4 hrs, start to finish.

I can't imagine a 42 hr labour! WOW!
Back to top Go down
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 8:33 pm

I can't imagine 42 hours! My SILs were all very envious, they all had long labors!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: want to guess   want to guess - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

want to guess
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next