Sisterhood Of Scrap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GALLERY  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Email Us!  

Paper bag album

Go down 
+4
After8
Helen
lirose
katesmum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 9:06 am

Paper Bag Book

For this you will need an even number of small bags - brown lunch bags are just the right size - however, I have used white ones!
The first thing to do is to use something to press the folds flat, tape the bottom of the bag so it lays down.

Paper bag album Img_3213
After all of them are done, I used 8, use some double sided tape and tape down along the sides - you don't have to do this but I do so that later the book lays flatter.
Paper bag album Img_3214
Then take the bag and fold the bottom up and using your 'something' to flatten the folds, do that! Set two of them aside because you will be using them a little differently later.
Paper bag album Img_3215
Now join each set of two bags together like this. If you also used 8 bags, you will have 6 bags joined in this fashion and 2 bags sitting aside.
Paper bag album Img_3216

Paper bag album Img_3217

Then, take each set of 2 bags that are joined together and join them all to each other like this, I use lots of tape!
Paper bag album Img_3219

This is how your book should look when each set of two is joined to each other.
Paper bag album Img_3220

Now take one of the bags you put aside and keeping the flap part to the outside of the book (you will use this flap to put a cover on), tape the larger side onto the front of the book and repeat with the other bag onto the back.
It should look like this... see how the flaps are sticking out! This is so you can add a chipboard or cardstock cover, whatever you like. (I use chipboard). But that comes later so don't do it yet!

Paper bag album Img_3221

This is also when I use a punch for my envelope sections, I find it easier than when the book is all put together, now you can decorate your inner pages. Put aside the paper you will want to use for the front and back of your book until you add the cover.
Paper bag album Img_3222

Here is what some of mine are like...
Paper bag album Img_3223

Paper bag album Img_3224

Paper bag album Img_3225

I played around a bit with the little flaps, one I covered on both sides with paper to use as a journaling place or just a small photo or embellishment and the other I used some tape inside and some brads at the edge and made a tag pocket. Inside the envelope part (where the punched out bit is) I will add some cardstock for more photos. After this inside section is done, it's time to work on your cover. If you are using chipboard, cut it 1/4" larger that the total size of your paper bag book then cover both sides and clean up the edges.

Now, add a good bunch of tape to that small flap and lining up your cover so that there is an equal amount of overlap all around, affix the cover piece to the taped flap... like so,Paper bag album Img_3226

Do the same on the other side - Here is how it looks now:
Paper bag album Img_3227

At this point I punched two holes at the front and two at the back and added brads to hold the flap and cover together more securely then using the paper left for the inside here, I covered the ends of the brads.
Paper bag album Img_3228

Here is the basic book all done, I just have to decorate the cover and add more to the inside.
Paper bag album Img_3229

If anyone notices something missing in my steps, let me know!!

Last edited by katesmum on May 16th 2012, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
lirose
Design Team "SISTER"
lirose

Number of posts : 6325

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 1:16 pm

Grrat Tutorial and Awesome Album!!! I like the white bags.
Back to top Go down
Helen
ADMIN SISTER
Helen

Number of posts : 26409

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 1:31 pm

LOVE it Lois!!!! I like the white bags too!!!! I have only ever used the brown ones!!!
Back to top Go down
http://neverenoughtime2-helen.blogspot.com/
After8
Lifetime Sister
After8

Number of posts : 2867

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 2:50 pm

Wow! Thanks for the time you put into this!
Back to top Go down
Lisa L.
Lifetime Sister
Lisa L.

Number of posts : 2950

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 4:17 pm

this looks like fun!
Back to top Go down
Carla
Forum Owner
Carla

Number of posts : 15397

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 4:35 pm

Nice job! I always seem to have trouble decorating these mini-albums. Yours turn out great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Lucinda Davidson
Little Sister
Lucinda Davidson

Number of posts : 119

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 4:55 pm

Oh that is soooo neat!!!And why didn't I think of that hehe.Thank's for sharing this great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://lmdmoo@hotmail.com
spuccini
Design Team "SISTER"
spuccini

Number of posts : 12398

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2012, 10:36 pm

Great job Lois! You are truly the queen of mini albums!
Back to top Go down
http://stephieree80.blogspot.com
katesmum
Lifetime Sister
katesmum

Number of posts : 6910

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 12:33 am

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapgramsphotos.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Paper bag album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper bag album   Paper bag album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paper bag album
Page 1 of 1